just had Atos assessment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All

Happy new year to you all, I've just had my assessment at home which the appointment was made for me to be here, it only lasted about 45mins, she said she did'nt want to make my COPD worse as  i get very breathless just talking, she just went through the sums, counting backwards, and memory test which i got one wrong memory like a sieve she tested my legs, arms wrists neck etc all which she said were very restricted. As for the different activities she hardly glanced over them i don't know if she had made her mind up before she came here or not. I know you can get your report but i might get it i don;t know I just wanted to give some feedback on how it went.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a good F2F and I'm sure you have nothing to fret about, it doesn't seem to be taking to long to reached decisions mine took 2 weeks and was fine, if you were granted a home visit then they must have thought you weren't fit for office one

• Posted

sounds almost identicle to my mothers assessment which went very well and she got a favorable dicision i hope you get the result you are entitled to
  • Posted

Hi Janet,

A Happy New Year to you.   At least the assessment is over and it sounds as if it went well, so hopefully you will feel more able to relax a little.  

I sent for my report a few days following my F2F and was pleased that the assessor supported me.  I hope you get a favourable decision, keep us posted. x

• Posted

Hi Janet . I went for my ATOS Esa medical last week I can't walk or use both hands I was asked can I cut up my food I said no can I get out of my wheelchair by myself I said no and the last question can I move my hands I said no. But was only in there for 8 minutes I stated would you like to look at my evidence which my wife placed on the table she replied no. Is this a good sign, if you could please help in anyway that would be great

• Posted

Hi Carl.

I had my esa assessment 2 years ago due to be reassessed in a few weeks lucky me!!!. I was only in with the doctor for 20 mins after he had to make "a phone call" I got put in the support group, if your diagnosis matches up with criteria for esa hopefully you'll be ok but its difficult to say, if the result is not right you can always ask for a Mandatory consisderation, hopefully you won't have too long to wait

I wish you all the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.