Just had copy of f2f report can anyone help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

I had a change of circumstance f2f last week as l got OA in my ankles and needed more surgery. I have already been through the stress of the 1st one while getting both hips replaced and a knee replacement at 42 years old due to ostioarthritis. I still have to get through my other knee being replaced. But l ended up getting it in my ankle and needed surgery to fuse my ankle. I am on heavy medication and have not been able to drive for months as l had no concentration level and had to use my sat nav to go a road that l drove for 15 years. I told the lady at my f2f that l could not drive anymore as my concentratiom was so bad because of pain and l needed a sat nav to promt me. She mentions it in her report a few times that l need sat nav to plan a journey yet when it comes to the question for points she ticked l could planand exacute a journey without aid. Is sat nav not an aid? And she also told a few other things that were not true so basically l could not get enhanced rate by a point according to me calculating it. And l needed enhanced to get an automatic car.

I have not had my desition yet from dwp. Does anyone know if they just go with points awarded or the full report as it contradicts itself in a few questions?

I will need to call dwp on monday but its so stressful that l just went through that process for the 2nd time to get nothing more. I just feel so down with it all!

Thanks

L

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I honeslty don't think a sat nav is classed as an aid as far as PIP is concerned. People use sat navs all the time, and yes i understand that you use it for somewhere you drive regular, it doesn't matter. It's still not classed as an aid.

Mostly the Decision Maker goes by what what adviced in the report, that's really what the assessment is for. It's their opinion, whether it's right or wrong. I think you'll have a difficult time convincing anyone at DWP that a sat nav is an aid. Usually on the report it says what points you were awarded, doe sit tell you this?

You may need to start preparing for the MR, hopefully for you this won't happen. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks denise as she herself told me at the f2f how to win an appeal by getting a letter from one of my consultants to confirm l was unable to do one of the qurstions like planning a journey without an aid l have already emailed both my consultants asking them for this evidence in prep for a MR.

My report does not give me a score but totaĺly cotradicts itself in a few areas not just that. But thats the question that takes me 1 point away from enhanced. The report itself reading it the questions are in 2 sectionns but the 1st section is her explaining what l cant do and how bad l am and then in the point scoring question it contradicts it by giving me the answer that gives me lower points. Its not right at all. I worked the points out myself on the online advice. So l have no clue if the dwp will score it going by her answers on the test part. I am hoping they read it all and see that she contradicts herself in a few questions. Her report would defo give me enhanced rate but the questionare scores me standard rate. And she said l did things right that my husband said l done wrong. She said l looked tired and was teary and had sweaty palms and was withdrawn then in another part she said l was not withdrawen. Its very confusung but l will get the back up from my consultants. I hope l am assuming wrong but l will call them monday and speak to them about it.

But l am prepared for the same rate. Whatever l am getting l am getting it for 2 years it says that in report.

Thanks

L x

• Posted

Whe you say questionaire what do you mean by this? do you mean the descriptors? Sorry Laura but i'm a little confused by that.

• Posted

Do you know how you have a list of questions under diffrent catogories and you answer a b c or d ect well thats what l mean about the questionaire..she has also done the questions again under the same headings but with no answers to chose from she has just wrote her comments on how l am in all the questions like she has a heading washing and bathing and underneath has wrote she has a bathboard, she needs help wash her back and lower body her husband washes her hair she is inable to do so cause of pain.

So for every 10 questions she has done that as well as the form asking the same questions and giving an answer a or b or c. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

• Posted

Ah yes this will be the PIP descriptors. You should have scored points in these. Has she ticked anything at all for these? if she has then google the descriptors and it will tell you what they are followed by the points next to them. I can send you a link through private message if you want me to?  Sorry for all the questions just trying to make sense of it all.
    • Posted

Also please check your private mesages. I sent you one earlier explaining a few things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.