just had enough since quitting weed anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've quit weed 2 years ago. Since then I've had all sorts of problems. Relationship ended. Don't see my kids at the minute Looking into counselling moods swings depressed anxiety etc.... Now I've just had enough. Since the relationship ended its all got worse.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Definately go to a doctor and speak to a counsellor.
    • Posted

Currently on sertraline after citalpram wasent doing anything.
  • Posted

Hi iquinnyi

firstly well done for quitting the weed. I know this must have been a terribly hard thing to do. My son when he was younger was hooked on it, and I saw first hand how difficult it was for him to stop. I had the same experience with citalopram, it didn't help! How long have you been on the sertraline? Moods and anxiety are all over the place when you switch antidepressants. But once balanced out you should start feeling better. Depression and anxiety is an outright thief of relationships. I know it hurts, but you priority is YOU right now and getting yourself better. If your mood swings or depression becomes unmanageable, please ask your GP for a meds review, or something to help you over this period of switching ADs. When you feel better, you will find it easier to repair friendships that may have been damaged, whilst being unwell ♥♥

God bless x

• Posted

Only started talking them the other day. It's been hard. Also becoming a dad twice in 3 years since I quit has taken it tole on the relationship. My family was all that kept me strong and now I don't have any off them. Which has made it all a lot worse
    • Posted

Hi ♥

I'm sorry to hear you don't have family support, this is the time you really need it. Do you mind me asking why they are not there for you? 3 days is really early with the aantidepressant. You probably know you will have a rocky couple of weeks, whilst your body adjusts.

your children will love you come what may! You will be able to have a great relationship with them, once you get yourself better.

don't beat yourself up over this period. Be kind to yourself. You have demonstrated how strong you are by giving up the whacky bacci. You can get through this!

Here if you need to chat or vent xxx

• Posted

Through me not admitting I had problems after I quit. Since we've split I've not dealt with the separation and ended up pushing them further away
    • Posted

I know you don't believe this now, but you have been pushing people away, due to being unwell. It's hard to keep family ties going when you feel so helpless and hopeless.

Things will turn around for you, but please concentrate on yourself right now, to get yourself better. Perhaps send your loved ones a text/email explaining you love them, but also asking them to bear with you, whilst you are trying to get better. Explain the mood swings etc is part of your illness. This worked for me, it took away my guilt for my behavior and inability to spend time with my family. Once you relay you care and apologise for any distress you may cause due to your illness. (Not that it's your fault! ) this will give people you care about the reassurance they need. It will free you up of any guilt so you can concentrate on doing what you need to do whilst waiting for the aantidepressant to kick in.

keep in touch xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.