Just had f2f assessment

Posted , 7 users are following.

Well I've just had my f2f, I was so nervous and ended up a bit of a snivelling wreck. Anyway the assessor was a really nice man, explained everything as he went along, I was on my own and he asked if someone could be with me because he was worried about me being alone.

The questions he asked were pretty much as I expected from everything I've read on here, I did keep losing my thread but he was patient and was happy to repeat himself.

I found some of the questions difficult to answer, it's much easier to put things down on paper than saying it out loud.

By saying things out loud I felt like maybe I didn't deserve pip, but he reassured me that just because I have disability you can't see doesn't mean I'm less entitled to apply than anyone else.

He seemed very genuine, I feel very lucky as it would of been so much worse than it was. What will be will be now, I'm just going to keep everything crossed and hope for the best, I'm keeping my fingers crossed

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sarah,

I really hope that the assessor was as he appeared to be, a genuine person and will give you the points you deserve, as you say what will be, will be.  I hope you will be able to relax a little now, even if only for a short time.  Everything crossed for a good outcome, keep us posted. x 

• Posted

Thank you, I've heard about the ones who seem to be nice then once the report comes back they are horrible. I'm going to try and put it to the back of my mind now, I'm been proper grumpy lately so hopefully I can get back to pre pip sarah for a while x

• Posted

Very best of luck hope you get good results smile I had my f2f ESA assessment yesterday was so hard and I don't think I did very well but will have to wait and see.

• Posted

Good luck to you too, in all honesty I'm pretty sure I didn't do to well. But I'm just so relived ithat part of it is over, I just hope the months of worry is worth it 🤞

• Posted

When i had my esa f2f the chap was a doctor he too was really nice. He told me he was gona recommend i be put in support group and i was put in it.
    • Posted

That's brilliant, that must be a weight off your mind. Hope you don't mind me asking, but did you have to wait long for the decision? I don't know what profession he was, it didn't even cross my mind to ask

• Posted

Good luck Sarah. My ESA assessor was a really nice Irish doctor. Who was softly spoken and said as I now have MS he wasn't going to ask lots of questions. He said my illness would never go away. My results were back in a week. And the same outcome I'm in support group. I hope the decision goes in your favour.

Mark

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.