Just had gallbladder removed. Serious pain and vomiting.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was in serious pain and vomiting up everything I ate for a month. It took 3 emergency room visits before they diagnosed me with gallbladder sludge. They sent me home and referred me to a doctor to have it taken out in 2 weeks. On September 4th I had the laparoscope surgery with 4 incisions. I got sent home right after surgery. Soon after I started vomiting up green bile every time I stood up. I then tried to drink chicken broth to make my stomach full before taking my pain medication and ended up throwing that up to. Today is the 2nd day and I am still in extreme pain but no vomiting yet and I was able to eat a cantaloupe. Anyone else have problems with vomiting green bile and I need tips on how to bring back regular food into my diet and pain control.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi you should not eat too much or her too full. I just ate a banana with my pain meds. Your system is in trauma right now. You can't eat solid food right now. Slow down you just had surgery. Try crackers and broth. It will be about 2 weeks to a month before eating solid heavy foods. Yougart is really good for stomach. Be well.

I

• Posted

Hi, my gallbladder was removed in January of this year, and for about 2 weeks; I only ate applesauce, jello, crackers, and dranked chicken & beef broth. On the 3rd week, I still ate the above, but started including small amount of veggie soup & toast. As time progress, I just added different food items. Some foods my body can tolerate, and some it cannot. It should be a gradual process, because your body is still in trauma.

Best wishes for a healthy recovery! : )

• Posted

Hi I have not had mine out yet but try not to worry and as others have said small amounts, I have found mashed potato to help with GB issues but whether this is the same after removal, I cant say.  Logic tells me you need food stuffs either to dilute the bile or soak it up into stool so broths would dilute.  The small amounts obviously appeal because of the digestive track being in shock.

Hope you get better soon though, even if weeks or months and I sincerely hope your feeling better than when the GB was still in you? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.