Just had haemorrhoid banding and botox injections for anal fissure - No BM after 24 hours

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey folks,

I am 28m and I have had anal fissures for 6 years. Yesterday I went under General Anesthetic to have botox injections for this as well as 4 hemorrhoid's banded. I had that real sharp and dull ache all day yesterday and took tramadol and paracetamol for them, as well as a muscle relaxant.

Today I woke up pretty much pain free. Yester evening I had quiet a large meal with physillium husk and vegetables for breakfast. I have been passing gas and urinating but it's been over 25 hours and I have had NO bowel movement.

I'm panicking as I've sat on the toilet and strained and caused a lot of bleeding trying to get stools out. It feels like nothings up there.

Is this normal? Usually I have 3 bowel movements a day. This is making me really anxious. When should I see a doctor?

I made the mistake of straining and I passed mucus and blood doing it. Can you give me any help, or advice?

Cheers

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

After I had banding to 3 hems they told me I may not pass a stool for a few days.

Had you taken any laxatives before procedure? I did but I didn't go under GA so they said the laxatives would of cleared me out.

I would really try not to strain or sit on toilet if you don't need it.

You'll get a movement try not to worry.

• Posted

nope but I had a microlaxedema. after that it's been 27 hours since first meal and no movement

• Posted

Maybe call the surgeons secretary and they will advise you.

I would provably say its pretty normal after that procedure however.

Keep drinking loads and loads of water.

My BM were not how they were pre procedure for a few days post procedure.

I wish that the Drs had told me to use a stool softener for a good few weeks after as unfortunately for me the banding has not worked.

I am now using Lactulose daily to try avoid bleeding which doesnt always work but I dont want surgery.

• Posted

Hi,if you had colonoscopy too and all was normal ,just be fine....if you did not have it don't panic,but maybe it is good to have it to be sure that nothing is behind...

My Dr. suggested to me and as well said don't panic,but we need to be sure.I had my colonoscopy and all was fine...so pls just relax,try yo do it ,I know it is not easy,but think about colonoscopy if you didn't have one....Take care..X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.