just had LIS for 6 year fissure

Posted , 4 users are following.

just had LIS for 6 year fissure 2 days ago.

just wondering for those that have had LIS, how long it took to see improvement?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

it took me 8 weeks. I am not positive it was the op or continue use of new creams that has me in a much better way now 3 months on . The fissure is still there and painful some days but no where near the pain i had. i have

heard others get instant relief after surgery, that certainly wasn't the case for me.

i wish u luck!!

• Posted

thanks for your reply! how long did you have your fissure for?

• Posted

Are you having postop pain??

i had my second round of botox this morning for a chronic fissure.

Decided to give the botox one more try.

I am having so much pain this evening - only comfortable in warm bath

Any suggestions to help????

• Posted

just try to keep stool soft as possible. magnesium oxide supplements and fig syrup work well.

• Posted

sittings on hot wheat bag was the best thing for me by far

• Posted

i also tried 2 rounds of botox and had a skin tag removal (i eventually got another skin tag). both rounds failed which is why i pushed for LIS. surgeons kept telling me not to have LIS because of possible incontinence side effects. but pain was so bad even with soft stool, i had to take the risk... it's been 5 days since surgery and so far i've only had 2 bms and they have been okay. just feeling a bit sore after a bm and getting discharge too from the incision site.... early days but i'm just scared because previous surgeries haven't worked.

• Posted

how are you feeling now? I just had my LIS this morning. Still super anxious about recovery.

• Posted

it's been 2 weeks since surgery. the recovery wasn't bad at all. the soreness was bearable. compared to a skin tag removal and fissure pain, it was a walk in the park.

overall, i feel better than i did before surgery, however i can still feel the fissure even with soft stool. i was told that it can take up to 6 weeks - 2 months before it completely heals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.