Just had my Colonoscopy and I am super worried

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

I am 32 yrs old male

so I had my colonoscopy 4 days ago after having some issues with difficulty to move bowels, cramps, gas, bloating and all these kind of things that a GI told me about 2 years ago that it was IBS causing these.

I was having these troubles all along for this time sometimes less sometimes more...

Now after I woke up in the room the dr started showing me the recording of colonoscopy and in the end when he was almost going out of the colon he was showing me some red patches aprox 1-2 cm in diamter which appeared to be as flat lesions . It was 3 of them and he was not sure what they were! It is incredible worrisome as he was suspecting to be "hemangiomas" but he was not sure he said and would be best to ask a second opinion. Now he in a way indicated that it could be something even worse so I have been scared to death for the last few days.

I was then to 3 more GIs to ask for their opinions and none of them said it looks like hemangiomas or there is something to worry about, but me being a paranoid I am I have started reading online and making assumsions about what could those be and finding some rare melanomas which could be really bad even though they seem to be incredibly rare I was connecting these thoughts with my first GI who did colonoscopy said he has never seen something like this... this is especially worrisome if he said he has never seen something like this.

Anyone ever had anything like this before? Anyone has had a similar experience?

Here is a link to one one these 3 red patches that he spoted on my scope

https://ibb.co/eRVwov

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

SURELY they took biopsies of these 3 red patches during the Colonoscopy!...??? If so when the samplesĀ are tested , analysed and put under the microscope you will be told whether they are cancerous or not...or hopefully relatively harmless..fingers crossed for you!!!
  • Posted

Actually I have been to another GI today and he said nothing to worry about! Unless they bleed or something than it needs to be treated otherwise should be left alone! So itsa relief. They cant take biopsies on these cus they might bleed. He said they were hemangiomas and they are very rare apparently. This is somewhat worriesome for me but I guess its just those things of life unless its dangeorous i guess nothing to worry about.

I really hope there is someone who had a similar experience to share .

Cheers

• Posted

*Raises hand* I have... I had a nasty flu around the time I was taking RA meds. Lost 55+ pounds, couldn't eat or drink without issues for over 8 months. Super super sick. When I started to recover and went off the RA meds, I ended up with GI IBS issues. Being colon cancer is in my family, I wanted a second opinion so... I went through a colonoscopy. I had a TON of polyps... Once tested, they came back as precancerous. I cried, but am healthy. Still some things I cannot eat nor drink to this day but Glad I went in when I did... Mine was the bumps which was removed and tested, not a red patch... But still... Thought I would share... 

• Posted

I've also had precancerous polyps over 2 years of annual colonscopies, I was told to come back this March, but am holding off on it due to spinal surgery which will push my recovery for a couple months delaying the colonscopy.. I hope it doesn't cause any bigger problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.