Just had my first side effect!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've been on orlistat religiously now for about 2 weeks and I've just had my first side effect sorry to be crude but it was the orange oil. I don't understand why I have had it as i have eaten today the same for lunch as I always eat and I am way under the fat content I am allowed, I had 3g fAt for lunch. The only thing I have had different is i have had 4 (vending machine) cups of tea with sugar today, I usually have 2 and have a sweetner in it instead so that's the only thing I can think of what has affected me. Has anyone else had the aide effect from tea? When will the side affect stop does anyone know? Am I going to still be like it tomorrow?

Elz x :cry: sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That side effect sometimes happens up to 48hrs after eating something with too much fat, not strictly after the most recent thing you ate - is there anything you've eaten in the last 2 days or so which may have pushed the fat limit?
  • Posted

Hi sparkles,

well I went camping at the weekend but I didn't take the tablets as I knew I would struggle with the fat. There was alot of fat in the food there as I cooked sausages alot. Maybe that could be it?

X

• Posted

Its possible that that's the culprit, everybodys body reacts differently too so its hard to say, you just learn from experience what your own is like and how it responds to what you've eaten
  • Posted

More than likely the sausages, most are very high in fat, i have converted to veggie sausages now, i like the linda mcartney ones, still got to becareful with them too, think they are 5-6g each, but if you have to eat a bbq they are quite tasty
  • Posted

i sometimes have richmond thin sausages, they're about 7g for 2 and i cook them on the george foreman so a lot of that fat is lost but i still count it as 7 as i can't be sure how many g's fat have come out, bulk up the meal with 1/2 can spaghetti or beans as thats only about 0.5g and have with something else that fits in smile
  • Posted

WW sausages are low in fat and honestly do taste nice and only 1.6g's of fat each.

Hopefully things have settled down for you now

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.