Just had stones lazered and a jj fited

Posted , 3 users are following.

On Thursday they successful lazered my biggest stones and a few small ones, it was a much better outcome then expected, they fitted a stent which will be removed in 2 weeks fortunately with having a stent twice before I know what meds to take to take the horrid pain away, my gp was very concerned and helpful. However I have horroundous tummy ache where I can barley stand for long times, hot water bottles only help for so long, I think all my stones have passed in my urine now no more crystals. Did anyone else have this ? Thank u.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had mine in for a month, and finally removed today. Because I read so many blogs, I was afraid about the removal procedure. I shouldn’t have been. Only discomfort is a bit of burning feeling, no more blood, and I feel 110% better than I did with that awful stent in me!
  • Posted

That sounds a success.Just remind me are you the woman who was tresated by Mr Keeley at Southmead in Bristol. Your name rings a bell with me?

I saw Mr Keeley on 25th May.

I had another x ray which he said looked fine and he is not expecting me to have any more problems, completely discharged me.

He said the surgery he did on me was challenging so I gave him something to think about but he did successfully remove all the stones.

Keep me posted.

Love Sarah xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.