Just heard on the Internet About a new research for lungs that may help bronchiectasis ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

New study from University of Manchester That inhaling Sugar could treat Lung Infections,but how to inhale is not made Clear from Nature Immunology as anyone else seen or read about it?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have not heard of this before but to speculate I'm sure they wouldn't have us inhaling granulated sugar. for starters that's not going to be sterile so it's not going to go into my lungs . my next thought was powdered sugar, but there again it's not sterile. so then I wondered if maybe they would use some lab created glucose. as I said, I'm merely speculating.

• Posted

I googled this after leaving my last post and I learned quite a bit . as I suspected they use a glucose liquid. apparently they've done this on mice but what I want to know is how they get those little mice to use an inhaler. LOL

Seriously though the following is just a little blurb from the scientist that is spearheading this..

"During inflammation of the type seen in asthma and parasitic worm infection it appears that glucose, and use of glucose, controls macrophage activation in the lungs."

I would include the link but I am sure it would get moderated. And I'm sure you can just Google it like I did.

• Posted

Hiya, Thanks I'm going to try and find more info myself and talk to my Doc when I get back to the states,I'm assuming that this study was being done in England when they are saying University of Manchester, okay jut maybe they are finally on to something!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.