Just left the house - on my own!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi folks, its been a big day forme today. I'm 20 days post op and have just left the house n my own, and on public transport. I took the tube from Stockwell to Mornington Crescent and went to the gym! There is a gym there that is only for strengtenning exercises - no cadio - I'm a member and I  went and did just the upper body exercises, all on about half my normal weights, just to start getting my muscles mobilised. I came back on the tube as well. I'm on crutches so the escalators were a bit tricky, but I managed. My foot feels a little achy and I'm shaking a little with the effort of it all, but very very excited to be released from house arrest!

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Blimey , aren't you over doin it a bit? 3 week post op? Are you still wearing a special shoe?Good luck, but take it easy !
    • Posted

Yeah I was a little nervous setting out, but i reckoned I could take a cab home if it seemed too much. The surgeon said I could do upper body exercises. So far so good, I seem to be OK maybe the foot will ache a bit more this evening, I'll report back on that. 
    • Posted

and yes I'm still in the shoe, that will stay on until week 6 sad
  • Posted

Very brave!! And very jealous of your good doing, my first trip was to Sainsburys and my second to the pub!!! 

Feeling proud? 

• Posted

Definately the hardest part was leaving the house on my own! quite scary. Sainsbury's and the pub sound very exciting...
    • Posted

Well done tho! Crazy what we now find exciting compared to a few weeks ago! Pins out on Thursday - beyond excited!!!
    • Posted

Excited for you too, do post some  pictures
  • Posted

You're incredible!!  Congratulations.  I was still in bed at three weeks. No weight bearing for 6 weeks. Personally, I think the sooner you're up and out, the better.
  • Posted

That's very encouraging. I am having my op tomorrow and have tickets for a show in 3 weeks. I thought I would have to cancel tickets but you have given me hope. 
    • Posted

Hi Christine, my op was sept 19th. Last monday, 17 days postop, we went to a show. After the show, there was a party. I had no problem, no extra swelling or pain. I was sitting there for two hours and standing( with one crutch, at the party for one hour.  I hope everything went well.
  • Posted

Well done, my first trip was also the pub, and then various coffee shops, but did take the bus to the doctor to have my bandage off at 2 weeks.
  • Posted

Yes ma'am take out easy I went out 2 days in a row because, my sis had a baby ...but I ended up with hip pain had to go to the chiropractor but yes take it slow hope all goes well with u! :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.