just looked at the rules for recording a home face to face asse sment

Posted , 4 users are following.

just looked at the rules for a face to face assessment . as I was informed here that I could use only 2 cd or cassettes and must give the assessor a copy , when I had my assessment I used my lap top and also a witness , the first thig said to the assessor   my copy was transferred to a dongle with a file on my lap top I singed a consent form ext. my witness did make a point of saying before we start I will be recording this on the lap top and giving you a cd and dongle recording the assessor was happy with this , I want to know have the recording rules changed . I have to record important information due to memory  has anyone here done this , the reason I did was I was told by someone that when some not all assessors come to do face to face ie or at the office they have the company hat on but if you record or let them  then they cant really lie ext. hope this helps others as some times you might be asked to do some thing that you try but cant and the assessor later puts down 4 points not say 8 points but if your witness how is helping you says asked to pick up coin  Mr. or miss can not pick up coin ext.then you will get what you are due .I would hate to think that someone ill was being ripped or by this so called country were they paid taxes ext. and are due what they are claiming  

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm very confused that the assessor allowed you to record your assessment on your laptop. Did you get permission to record the assessment before the day? What i mean by this is did you ring the assessment providers and ask for permission? Also on the day of the assessment did you and the assessment provider sign an agreement for the recording? You should have sign before you started recording and the assessment provider should have signed when you gave them a copy of the recording.

The rules for recording an assessment are as you stated you MUST use appropriate recording equipment such as cassettes or CD and you must produce 2 copies together, this means you must use 2 cassette or CD recorders at the same time.

As you didn't do this i'm very confused that the assessment wasn't stopped. Did the assessment provider say anything at all when you stated you were recording it on your laptop?

• Posted

I'm sorry am but paying your taxes has nothing to do with claiming PIP, i have no idea why you keep stating that those that paid their taxes should have what they're entitled to. That's not how PIP works and those who come here reading this could become very confused. PIP is all about how your conditions affect you daily. If the descriptors don't apply to a claimant then they won't score the points regardless of what illness or illnesses a person has. There will be people that won't be entitled to claim because they simply don't meet the criteria.

• Posted

This is from the capita website and independent health assessment (ATOS) are exactly the same.

You need to notify us before your appointment that you will like to record your assessment by calling our Enquiry Centre on 0808 1788 114.

You will need to provide your own audio-recording equipment. Your recording equipment must be able to produce two identical copies of the recording at the end of the assessment, either on audio cassette or CD. Mobile phones and laptops are not suitable mediums for recording assessments.

You will need to give one copy of the recording to the assessor, at the end of the appointment.

You will need to sign an agreement that sets out what you are and are not allowed to do with the recording.

We will retain a copy of the recording for a maximum of 14 months, at which point it will be destroyed. We do not pass on the recordings to the DWP and they are not used in determining your entitlement or award.

Should you attempt to record the assessment without having contact us first and agreeing to the above guidelines, then your assessment is likely to be stopped and we may return your case to the DWP.

• Posted

I called and booked done everything asked of me , the first thing on the recording say is it ok to use the lap top  can we give you 2 copies 1 on cd the other on dongle , the reply was yes that's fine sing here and just before the end the assessor asked can I have my copy and you have to sing here.

• Posted

I did read all of that as well weeks before they came the witness was independent and also Witten and observed everything employed by one of my family member as she was not in the uk .
    • Posted

you seem to have this wrong as the tax payer foot the bill its the monies from taxes that pay for government funds . so at the end of the day its the british tax payer that pay the bill or is that some kind of con. or am I wrong .
    • Posted

That's good. I'm still totally confused as to why you were allowed to record the assessment using your laptop.

For anyone else reading this laptops, MP3 players, smartphones, tablets are not suitable recording devices for recording either a PIP or ESA assessment.

• Posted

Yes you are correct but that still doesn't mean the tax payer is entitled to claim all benefits. In that respect you're totally wrong, sorry.

• Posted

Your completely wrong am, just because we British pay into the tax fund for this country doesn't mean we can claim a particular benefit, people come from abroad having never put a penny into the "kitty" and if I'm right one year later they can claim numerous benefits from our pot.

I think that we are one of the best countries in the world for supporting our disabled population.

But no matter how much you pay in it it's never enough to cover the benefits paid out.

I received my PIP because I deserve it, can't function adequately without it, I feel very lucky to be entitled to it but as you pointed out before you want need it because you are moving abroad, or did I misunderstand that.

As for recording your interview at your assessment you would not be able to use that at a tribunal as it has been recorded incorrectly no matter that you keep saying it was.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.