Just looking for some helpful adive!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently was admitted to emergency for a random spike in my heart rate, up to a consistent 150-160 beats per minute. They did bloods and a chest x ray at the hospital which same back clear. Since then ive had a 24 hour holter, 2 ECGs, a heart ultra sound and multiple bloods. The doctors have pushed it off to anxiety and occasional off beats. But i really don't feel all that anxious. I get sudden strong palpation randomly. I've also been expercing chest,jaw and back pain. Was just wondering if there is any point in going back to the doctor?? I would of thought if there was something wrong it would of been picked up, but still getting some strange symptoms. 

Cheers

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Keep at those Dr's, especially if you have a fast heart rate going on, especially if more than say 30 mins, DO NOT IGNORE IT, call an ambulance, and hopefully they can get a tracing on their ECG that shows when it is happening.

Electrical issues with your heart can be very hard for the Dr's to pick up on, I know it took 15 months and my husband was a patient already suffering from heart failure, so should not have been so hard to recognize.

?During that 15 months it was suggested by junior cardiologist at the heart hospital, that he had rotator cuff injury, torn muscle in upper arm, arthritis of shoulder, and even pinched nerve in his neck, all found to be in the clear with x-rays, cat scans, and ultrasounds.

He had been having issues with his electrical impulses in his heart or branch bundle block, but until it became 100% complete, and his heart was only beating at 30BPM, did they take any notice, and then they said it was his medication, which they removed, 12 hours later he go worse, down to 23 BPM, that's when they installed a pacemaker. 

They could never catch it on their ECG's, but I knew. married 45 years, I know when things are not going right.

• Posted

It is good that nothing was found wrong with your heart. 

I am going through the same situation as you. I have some other symptoms too but doctors are not able to find out what it is. A couple time I was in fainting situations and a couple other times by eyes went completely blurry.

Try to relax and see if you can come out of it soon. Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.