Just my take on gabapentin

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day  26 off gaba today!! Was on 3x 100mg/day, max dose after minimum 100mg/day back 3 months ago. Tapered myself down 1 month ago and stopped then.  Didn’t feel good this past month. Feeling a little better now.

New strategy - I’m doing the one day at a time thing in my head. When I wake I tell myself what day I’m on and I deliberately rejoice 😤😊

I still have symptoms, anxiety, disorientation, memory issues.  Yesterday  I put dishes away and couldn’t remember into which cupboard the cups go! I tried 3 cupboards before I found it, lol. 

Sticking with it, no more of this med and I will feel better every day 👍🏼

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Great attitude keep speaking life! Praying for you still! 
    • Posted

Todd, how many days for you now and how are you feeling? 

I so appreciate your prayers, support and encouragement. Thank you. 

• Posted

I was off for about 35 days and took 300 mg for three days and said to myself Nooooooo so I am off for good. I have zero side effects right now other than I think they did spike my tinnitus

I continue to struggle with occipital neuralgia, but trying to push through this.

On a week of prednisone which has calmed my nerves a bit.

All day, every day, never give up! 

Email anytime amd give us updates, you are not alone and I might not know who you are,!but God knows who you are and when I pray I say touch deebee and give her strength to fight this. One day we will both look back and say thank God!i I am well.

Amen!!!!

• Posted

Oh thank you so much....

And yes!I All day, every day never give up.

I haven’t prayed daily but I do now. I give thanks for the support from all of you and I pray for healing. You are in my prayers every day. Todd. 

• Posted

Sorry that was supposed to be a comma at the end of my post, not a period. 
    • Posted

And yes, we will get to where we say thank you, God! No more of this and God will help. Did when I had a panic attack last night. I’ll continue to pray.

And little bit resentful, why would He let so many people suffer this. 

We went for a walk and grocery shopped, it felt good. Not so much now, please let this end

• Posted

I'm the same,but I feel a million times better now I'm off them.i still get forgetful,jelly legs and crawling sensations under my skin,but it's getting less and less.like you,each day is a day further away from gabapentin.

There's some sort of irony Now. My bet has put my dog on gabapentin,but wonders why I didn't purchase any for him.maybe because I've still got a pharmacy worth of the things I told the vet,that he wasn't going to stay on them for a length of time,as I don't want my dog going through symptoms like I have.so far they seem to be helping with his arthritis,without side effects.

Perhaps gabapentin is better for vetinary usage and not humans.

Keep your spirits up and you're doing well like me....one day at a time...FREE

Regards Vivienne

• Posted

Thanks Vivienne! Day 27 today, yay! Almost up to a month off of this med. The days will keep adding up. 

Yes, I’ve heard that this drug has veterinary use, and hope no side effects for them, they do have a different physiology. 

I had a major depressive episode middle of last night,  Cried.. woke my husband and he helped me feel calmer, God bless him. This morning I feel angry at this drug. I’m going to let the FDA know, also my neurologist who prescribed it, and my primary care doctor.  And the ER nurse who a couple of weeks ago when I was there suffering withdrawal suggested I should just go back on the med.

I hope you are doing well, how many days for you now? And as a friend says... “We got this!!” Love those words and I keep them in mind when I feel bad. 

Thanks so much for being there. 

• Posted

I didn't realise how long I'd been actually off gabapentin.i just looked it up.it was November 17. I must admit I still took liquid morphine for a few weeks after still when the pains kicked back in.i took last morphine around 25th of November after reducing that to nil too. So it's about 39 days since I took last gabapentin. The withdrawal is still there sometimes,but it's less and less.i was tempted at the beginning to just "take one" but fought against it.We're doing so well now between us,that it all seemed like a horrendous nightmare that's now a thing of the past. I didn't realise though how long the withdrawal symptoms would last. It's really don't seem to understand how these drugs affect us in the long term do they??.

As for my dog,hes doing OK so far,although I've reduced the tablets,as I don't want him with anything like I've endured on them.

Good luck all you other guys on your efforts to get free of this drug.push through it as hard as it will be. It'll be worth it to be free.

Vivienne

• Posted

Yes.. that’s what I’m thinking - push through.. I will! I flashed on splitting a capsule today, but no, none of this med again. 

Glad you’re doggie is doing ok,.. and you too!

I work at a residential addiction treatment center, Exec Assistant.  Apparently several of our residential clients are on this med according to our Medical Director who I quizzed about it a week ago. 

Going to pull my rank to address and talk to my CEO and our Medical Director tomorrow, I want us to be aware. So some may need to be on it but let’s be clear of this mediation’s issues. 

• Posted

Thank you.. def going to talk to our Medical Director at work tomorrow. I don’t have drug allergies but then had this bad reaction to gabapentin. 

I will make sure that our clients who are in treatment for alcohol/drug abuse and on gaba get weaned properly if they need to get off the drug. 

• Posted

We went for a nice long walk just now, I’m feeling good!! Grocery shopped and I picked up all kinds of ready to eat stuff from the deli. Maybe my appetite coming back! I look forward to waking up tomorrow saying “Day 28!!😊”

Wow, I’m getting close to having a month off this stuff 👍🏼

Thanks all of you for being here, your support and feedback is helping me so much. 

• Posted

Well done Debee777

You have done very well to come off Gabapentin the way you have.

Hope you get well very soon.Why was you prescribed them????

• Posted

Mild neuropathy in my toes. Still have it and really not so bad. Not bad enough to take a drug. 

Walking today helped a lot, we will walk every day after work.  

And thank you 🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.