Just need reassurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with DD 5 yrs ago by colonoscopy. The consultant said to just carry on with normal diet and eat whatever. I have got a bit complacent as have only had 3 flare ups the last being about 2 yrs ago. Thismorning woke up with very low uncomfortable feeling and initially thought it was because I was desperate to spend a penny. Not so, had lots of little motions which hurt my lower abdomen every time I bear down. Last time it was just mucus. No blood like I have had before and don’t think I have a temperature ( but weather so hot I feel hot anyway!) Have been on a bland diet all day but have no real appetite. My Dr gave me antibiotics last year (valid until 2021) in case I had a flare up whilst abroad but didn’t need to take them. With the symptoms I have described do you think I should take them or wait to see how things go? I am not in a great deal of pain only when I try to pass a motion. Would appreciate any advice because a bit out of touch. Many thanks.  Angie  PS I had corn on the cob twice this week but I have eaten corn before. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

As you do not have a fever, cramps etc I would give it a couple of days, preferably on clear liquids only, to give your insides a rest.  If the pain does worsen or you develop a temperature that is a sign of infection needing medication.  But at the moment I think it might just be an irritated tummy.  Straining is bad for DD, so if you can you should avoid it. 
    • Posted

Thank you Felina. You always give such good advice. I will do as you suggest.
  • Posted

What antibiotic did doctor give to you to last so long mine only last a year then need to be discarded. I think if you was in a flare I think you would be in server pain like labor pains and they don't let up well at least mine didn't. Everyone is different.

• Posted

Hi

The doctor gave me Amoxicillin last Oct in case of flare up in Florida. On the side it says Exp  Jan 2021. I haven’t taken them as although this does feel like a flare mucus low pain etc it’s not as severe as I have experienced before. I am taking Felinas advice and going very easy for the next few days. In the past I have had more severe pain and blood so hopefully this is just a mild flare. Thank you for your reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.