Just need some comfort.

Posted , 4 users are following.

My dog is really sick, we suspect its bloat again but it has set my anxiety through the roof.

I hate that I can't deal with these type of situations 😢 I wish I could switch that little button in my head to stop the anxiety.

I'm sure the vomitting, loss of appetite and heart pulpitations will go away but I woukd hate to think what I will be like if he passes away.

Just need you guys to tell me that I will be ok and I will het through this terrible time...

Xx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I'm SO sorry to hear that your dog is sick. That's a very worrying thing so of course your anxiety has gone way up, darling.

Please let me know how things go, both with your pet and yourself.

Love Tess

• Posted

Thank you so much sweety. I just couldn't imagine him not being here.

I went to the vets to see how he was going. He has bloat, 3 times in the last 12 month. We almost lost him the first time, he recovered well the second time but not doing well third time. He is a weimaraner and 11 yo so I dont think he has much more left in him to battle this. We may need to make a choice at the end of the day. I don't want him in pain anymore 😢😢

• Posted

What does the vet say Lind. Listen to them, if they say she's ok believe them and relax. If not (god forbid I would struggle to cope). Cry, get it all out and work it out with your vet. I'm it will be fine and its the anxiety convincing you otherwise x
    • Posted

Thanks sweety. Not sure if he will pull through. I have to prepare myself for the worst. Trying to stop the anxiety forming into a panic attack, it's awful and wish I was stronger 😢

I was doing so well and now a big setback. I will get through it, like I have with everything else and having this support really helps xx

• Posted

So scary and strssful when the pups fall ill. Mine had a hospital stay back in May seemed so ill.nthe vet fixed him all up, but it took a few days for him to get back to himself. He has a lump on his hip rn from the rabies shot. I hope your dogs recovers quickly. Dont think about him not recovering, they can fix this cant they?
    • Posted

Its terrible Lisa, they are like family. I have had him for 11 yrs and couldn't imagine him not being around.

I'm not sure if he will pull through this time. I hope he does! X

• Posted

I hope everything work out well they are absolutely family. Your pup was blessed he has a wonderful family. 
  • Posted

Thinking of you. Hardest decision in the world (that I have encountered anyway) give pup a hug from me and let us know how he is xx
    • Posted

He got through it but we need to make that terrible decision if it happens again because its too much stress on him. He is sleeping on the couch with me. Woke up with a little anxiety but I think I will be ok.
  • Posted

Hi Lind - yes you will be okay. Even if your pooch passes, you will get through it. Grieving is an important process that you must do in your own way in your own time. Remember that nothing - not even death - can take away the love you have for and the time you have shared with your special little mate.
    • Posted

Well, that's better news, Linda. I'm really glad he made it. XXX from Tess
  • Posted

So glad to hear you are both OK at the moment xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.