Just need some reassurance about ongoing issue

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, fairly new to this forum, here’s my story, about 5 months ago literally overnight I started to get abdominal pains cramp ect, it got to the point of feeling bloated waking up feeling sick every morning, couldn’t eat lost weight because of this, no real change of bm but the odd bit of the runs now and again, no blood seen in stool and I’ve check every time, doctor ran blood tests all good but stool sample shows high Calprotectin.

Each month that passed it got better and started to eat and gain weight again, pains are minimal now but still hanging round me which is driving me mad, I’m seeing G.I. doctor next week, Ive just turned 35 and no colon cancer in direct family, Mums half sister had it in her 60s, but being a bit of a hypercondriac I’m convinced i have cancer which is getting me down.

I have had morning rudh self diagnosed ibs for years but like I said never bad pains or blood with it, always felt great and eaten well.

So can anyone put my mind at rest a bit, would my symptoms get better if it was very serious illness, please help lol

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Is your doctor investigating your high fecal calprotectin levels? High inflammation may suggest IBD. A colonoscopy would confirm IBD.

• Posted

Yeah that’s why I’ve been referred to gastro dr, I’m scepticle about ibd as I just don’t feel ill enough and don’t have other symptoms that go along with it tbh, but you never know, if I do have an ibd it must be very very minor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.