Just Need someone to talk to please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hope no one is getting tired of me.....but I feel very strange almost like my head is tingling. I've been on Venlafaxine for a week now and instead of having full panic attacks my brain seems to be going haywire and thinking omg I'm dying or my heart is going to stop. The only physical symptoms I get now is sweaty palms. I can't really feel my heart palpitating anymore which weirdly freaks me out too so I'm always checking my pulse. I have this overwhelming feeling I will just drop dead. Or I feel like my spirit is getting ready to leave my body because I feel like I am just floating around don't even feel like I'm walking. I'm so scared and don't want to die. Last Thursday I was in the er and they did an ekg and blood work and chest X-ray and all came back fine but i keep thinking well what if this is the real thing now and they missed it then?? My chest will hurt and my left arm will all of a sudden hurt and i told my husband and he of course told me to relax your not having a heart attack they checked you already. But I'm still so scared of just dropping dead and the thought gets so overwhelming in my mind that I'm going to die that I feel like I might pass out.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Also I'm 27 years old

• Posted

Hi marissa sorry to hear about your symptoms but believe ne you are not alone i feel the same like you not even me i hsve a 3 friends and relative feel same like me i feel sudden of sweat before and feel like my heart stoo beating like escape a heart beat till now i feel the strange beat sum times but its not to much now i have done 10,ecgs echo nothing show bad....i remember few time s i have an ecg in the middle of ecg i feel my heart will stop beating or escape beat but ecg result was clear all i am saying to you its anxiety i feel also pain some times in my left hand ...try to calm i understand bcoz i m hiing through the time from which you are going now..a.if u r ecg is clear why u didnot focus on ur stomach....taske soms famotodine tablet a day and also gaviscon syrup i must tell i feel the same like you I aas 26 year old then now i m 30, still now some time i feel lot of burps and feel my heart stop beating but not like before famotodine help me alot
  • Posted

Sadly that's how it goes, so many extreme thoughts and feelings. The more anxious we get, the more adrenaline, the more strange sensations and fears. Have you considered therapy along with or instead of meds? It can really help make sense of things

• Posted

I'm going to look into a therapist and keep taking my meds along with it. I'm feeling better now.

• Posted

Give this time you just started the medicine,your body has to adjust. I believe it a few weeks at least.
    • Posted

Thanks for replying it just freaked me out so bad. I'm doing better now and feel ok now. Just that sensation and feeling scared the daylights out of me.

• Posted

I know exactly how you're feeling you're going to be okay you just need to get on the right medication and go to counseling how long have you been suffering with this seems like you have really bad anxiety and depression but you'll be ok I promised everybody gets better and when I was bad I didn't believe anybody but you will I promise just give the Mets some time and hang in there we're all here for each other keep your head up

• Posted

Try coming off dairy. It can really help you. I find dairy makes me really ill & makes my head feel so awful & spaced out & hurt all the time. You'll need to give it a month or so to see if it makes any difference to you and if it does then maybe go see your doctor to get a dietician to make sure your having a good balanced diet but for now you can look on the net for loads of dairy free ideas. I know it sounds crazy but going dairy free has been the only thing that's helped me. You have to be strict no cheese, milk or yoghurt. Obviously this might not work for you but def worth a try.

• Posted

When I was on dairy I had a tingly head and felt like I was floating around all the time just like you said.
  • Posted

you have a health anxiety marissa in case no one has told you so you will always fear death and think about illnesses causing this bringing on your physiological symptoms of heart ache, tingling in your left arm etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.