Just not sure

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about 13 yrs I have suffered from a host of neurological symptoms, across all parts of my body, although primarily in limbs and face. Numb feet and hands, muscle twitches mainly in calves, tingles on my scalp, face, nose, lips, tongue. In addition sore crampy legs. Anyhow back in 2006 I had a MRI which cleared me of MS. From 2007 to 2017 I experienced reasonable health but still experienced all of the above symptoms, although very mild....nothing which overly effected my life. They were irritants at worst. I got fit, walked a lot, played sport, swam, reffed soccer each weekend. At the end of 2017 I had a sudden loss of power in my right arm, which lasted only a day but also started to tingling in my right foot which lasted almost continusly for 3 months....no other symptoms. In March 2018 I was hit with awful tinnitus, headaches and vertigo for a month.....followed by fatigue and all of the above neuro symptoms, except this time far more severe. Again they ordered an MRI of both brain amd spine. Again I was cleared of MS, however ongoing symptoms for 6 months led them to give me a diagnoses of CFS. This is what I have tried to manage during the past 12 months. There has been so,e improvement but in the past month the severity of the neuro symptoms has gone up another notch. Walking for 5 mins is difficult. In short I am not convinced this is not MS. However how can you argue with two clean MRIs over a period of 12 yrs and the doctors saying that your neuro symptoms are essentially benign. Dont get me wrong I dont want a diagnoses of MS.......I just want further proof considering my neuro symptoms seems tobe gettijg worse. Thanks for listening. Any advice or thoughts would be nice.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.