Just over a week on upped dose of 150mg of ven

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, have asked a similar question before. Have been on upped dose of 150mg of ven for 9 days, after being on 75mg for 2 weeks prior, and 37.5mg 2 weeks prior to that. Am wondering when I can expect some good improvements. Was rock bottom prior to increase to 150mg, very depressed hard getting out of bed. Since increase have had a few fleeting moments of being okay, only lasted a couple of hours. Taking 2.5mg 3 x a day, for anxiety. When does anyone think I may see some reasonable improvement in my mood? If I don't take diazepam, get really anxious and down. Being on 150mg for 9 days, can I expect some improvements in next couple of weeks. With diazepam, am functioning slightly better this last week, but it's so hard. Thanks.

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I was on 75mg for a few weeks and didn't feel an improvement so I asked to go up to 150mg. when I went on the original dose, after a couple of weeks I got a terrible headache that lasted a few days. I've got the same headache again and I've had it for two days and it's not shifting no matter what I do. I know it'll go eventually but it's the one side effect I seem to have that I hate. I do feel better emotionally though, my old self again. my advice is stick with it for a few more weeks to let it bed in and if you still don't feel a difference, go back to your doctor.

• Posted

Thanks for the info. How long from when you upped to 150mg did you feel a good improvement? So desperate to have an idea.
    • Posted

Thanks. I should know better, its too early to be expecting things yet. It's so bloody hard waiting. Thanks for your advice, I know its correct. Cheers.

• Posted

Nigel. I think ur going up rather quickly. Remember that ur brain is being rewired at this time and needs to adjust to the changes. It will get better. Just takes a lttle time and patience. Go for a good walk or some other type of exercise to get the blood flowing!!!!!  Try andenjoy theday.......
    • Posted

Hello john thanks for your reply, it's part of a tapered switch, as recommended by my pysc. I am still managing to work, and do things, just feel extremely down, and was looking for peoples experience of having gone through something similar.

• Posted

I do agree with John though in that I don't think enough time is being given for each dose to work. two weeks isn't long enough. takes a good month to get into your system. you won't feel it's working because you're not giving it enough time to work before you feel it hasn't and look to go to the next dose level.

• Posted

It's okay. I didn't explain correctly. It was part of a tapered switch. So with 37.5mg of ven, I was taking 20mg of citalopram for 2 weeks, then with 75mg of ven, I was taking 10mg of cit, for 2 weeks, got so very down. When I went to 150mg, I completely dropped the citalopram. It was on the advice of my pysc, and i agree with him. I haven't had much in the way of side effects. Back in March I was on max 40mg citalopram dose, but citalopram didn't work for me, hence the ven. Hope that explains.

• Posted

Hi nigel... it does takeveryone a while to even out. If I remember correctly it took about 8 weeks for me to feel an improvement in mood at 150, I've recently gone upto 225 as I feLtd my mood slipping again and I'm only on day 7 of increase but I'm hopeful that once it's evened out again I'll be ok. It is hard waiting especially when you feel so low but hang in their as the light at the end of the tunnel will come. We all seek reassurance when we feel so low and don't see and end in sight but be assured your timemail will come. Is it just for depression or do you have anxiety also? Leanne

• Posted

Hello Leanne, thanks. It's predominantly depression, but also have anxiety. Am taking diazepam for anxiety. 2.5mg 3 times a day, although I can take more if needed, though try not to. It is hard, especially as it took 3 months to find out that citalopram didn't work for me. Thanks.

• Posted

hi leanne, i was wondering if i can ask you how long it took you to adjust to 225mgs? i increased to 300mgs 4 weeks ago and i am still feeling low, tired and worried. you said it took 8 weeks on 150mgs is that right? x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.