Just prescribed today

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I have Type 2 Diabetes plus various other ailments.Dr prescribed today. I have been doing Slimming World a year and have got stuck at a stone so eating fairly well just not getting there. I saw that you shouldn't take the pill if you have a malabsortion problem. I have a bile salt malabsortion problem after having my gallbladder out. I have meds for this but if I forget to take it sounds pretty much like the side effects of Orlistat.I did expalin this to GP as she asked why I was taking Colesevelam (not usual GP). Hoping that as the Colesevelam might also help with side effects of the Orlistat but do I need to to re check with GP before I start taking ??

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If she was confident enough to prescribe them then you'll be fine.. These generally arnt handed out willy nilly..

Sounds like you've done amazing on your own without them... here's to your last stone falling off as soon as possible xx

• Posted

Actually that is true it was just one of the first things I saw when I looked it up. Ideally I need to loose another 2 stone.
    • Posted

I envy you.. I have the total 5 to lose!

It's already stopped being fun when I weighed and got the same reading as before I started. . But thankfully Google took the time to inform me all about fluctuations and I'm telling myself that all the hard work wasn't in vane haha 

• Posted

Good luck to you both.

I'm still trying to be brave enough to take my 1st pill. Am really scared of the side affects, mainly the bowel movement, as I work 3 hectic jobs and I can't be running off to the loo every 5 minutes. 

I have 8 to lose ideally.

• Posted

Spoke to GP today and been told not to take it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.