Just realizing I'm on a hormonal tailspin

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just turned 52. I've always struggled with PMS, bad temper,

irrational, irritable, just miserable to be around. I would just go

to bed because I couldn't stand myself. I also have a 6 year old,

GOD Bless him he sees mommy in these terrible stages since birth.

Lately I feel lifeless, lack any drive, my mind feels crazy or a

sense of dread, trapped in my body and wondering wear thereal

Kim is. I decided to look up menopause, since I haven't had a

period in about 6 months. From reading other stories don't

feel so crazy, but I am going to see what my doctor can give me.

Being female right now sucks, I don't know this woman I see in the

mirror, the words I say can be so hurtful. Thanks to all who have

shared

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's me again..vitamin B and st John's wart.... any feedback on

those

• Posted

Take care. It is not easy with the young ones around. I am 47 and have a 7 year old. I do feel sorry for her at times. I feel vad and guilty for not being an energetic & happy mummy! sad

• Posted

I feel guilty that I'm not energetic for my 5 and 2 year old sons because of Peri. I'm 41 and it feels like my body and mind is breaking down.

• Posted

I do take vitamin B abs B complex mixture and also take another one which has a combination of St John's wort and black cohosh. They seem to have helped with my energy levels a bit. But not great change. Perhaps need to carry on longer to get the full effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.