Just recently found out... :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, My name is Kristin. I am 17 years old and just found out today that i had hidradenitis suppurativa...Ive had these painful bumps for over a year now, but it just recently got disgnosed as HS. Ive been thorugh about 7 different perscriptions already, tried warm compresses on them, tried rubbing certain creams on them and many more things. Is there anything you guys think i should try?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi welcome.. I'm sorry to hear you have HS, I have been struggling with HS most of my life also it started at age 17 and took 30 years to figure out what it was. There are a lot of things you can try. Many of use work on food triggers like gluten dairy nightshades. Many use zinc and turmeric supplements. Stress they say is a trigger also I haven't. Figured that out yet I mean how to be undressed . I came home from work and took an Epson salt bath I read that can help stress and HS. I'm currently on my 6th day of antibiotic I don't see a difference sigh most say they don't help but I haven't tried those yet so willing to give almost anything a try. I hope you keep your head up and keep reaching out. If you find something that helps your HS please share it with us please...

• Posted

Hello, it means a lot that you replied..im really nervous about this HS thing..my doctor told me that i will have this for the rest of my life...Im going to have to do some more research on it and try to eat different foods and see if that helps...Im still in highschool so that stresses me out pretty bad with trying to graduate and stuff but i dont think i have that much stress so idk how to help this...If you find out anything please share and ill do the same. thank you so much
  • Posted

Hi there Kristin...I would advice you to read and immerse yourself in the knowledge here at this website... there are many people here that have tried numerous of things...like changing your food intake..like no nightshade veggies..too so many other variations of things...to each their own I say...find what works for you...knowledge is power and hope at your young age..you find what works for you!...God bless and welcome...smile
    • Posted

Hello, im going to have to do some more reserch about this and try to find something that can help me..Thank you!
    • Posted

You are very welcome... stay strong and know that YOU are not alone!!!..I am still experimenting on things to help...but will keep you advice...just know there are people who understand and will always comfort you in your time of need!!!...smile
    • Posted

if you have any ideas you think i should try, please let me know!
    • Posted

Sounds so fimilar....I just got the true diagnoses last year...I have been trying to read..study..and learn as much as I can...My daughter has been experiencing all the same symptoms and outbreaks... I too was 16 when I first experienced my first outbreak...for years I thought I was such a freak..I so wish there was a place I could've realized that I wasn't alone... probably would have changed my life.... anyway....sweetheart stay strong and as I said... read...learn and you will surely find what works for you!!...I wish you all the best!!
    • Posted

Good morning.... I am saving right now for a alcat test...If your parents can afford it...I would read up on it...discuss it with your parents and see if you have that option for you...Have a wonderful day!!...smile
  • Posted

Hi I use dalycin cream which I got on prescription.  I find this does help on the smaller ones.  If any are infected you need antibiotics and I find doxycycline works for me.   I also find stress is a big trigger so try and avoid that as much as possible.  

For ones that keep recurring I find the only way to stop them is to get them incised under a local anaesthetic.  This has always worked for me.  Good luck

Bev x

• Posted

I am currently on antibiodocs and some form of cream! 
  • Posted

Cutting nightshades and peanuts keeps me in remission. I had HS for 9 years and was in stage 4. I have tried everything. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.