Just sad about this Bartholin cyst. would love encouraging words.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi loves,

It's now been 6 years that I've had this bartholin cyst. It is uninfected so there is very little information online about it. I'm just lost...and tired. I don't want any severe surgeries but i'm open to C02 laser treatment.

Tried holistic/ natural remedies to no avail either.

Just lost and it's really stopping me from living a full life.

Any kind words you have is appreciated.

Much love,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi!

I just want to tell you not to lose hope. These things can be stubborn as hell and a lot of us get them!! whenever i get them i am miserable

There are two things you can do here, or even do both (but do the first thing before #2)

1. Cysts HATE heat. Warm compress. 4x a day, 10-15 minutes at a time. It does not have to be for too long. HOT steamy showers. warm to hot sitz baths with 1-2 tsp of epsom salt OR a tsp witch hazel. Sleep in a warm environment!

Phoebe's method is also a home remedy you can try which has helped a lot of women. Turmeric has NEVER helped me so I don't see the deal with that., but phoebes method is pretty cool

2. Have you tried asking the doctor if you can do a drainage or surgery (marsupialization) even though it isn't infected? The marsupialization could greatly benefit you because the doctor will open up a small hole for the cyst to drain out. The surgery has a two week recovery time which honestly isn't so bad.

i honestly would push to surgery. let your doctor know it is mentally affecting you and you just cannot deal anymore. he or she should be willing to help you. a lot of doctors will get out uninfected cysts.

If your doctor claims it isn't "big enough" for surgery, do things to trigger the size of it (It sounds crazy I know, but when they see the cyst growing it usually makes them want to do something about it. I actually did this to show my doctor how bad it was.)

I totally understand your pain man. It is an absolute nuisance to womankind and I feel for everyone who deals with these.

Please update me!

• Posted

wow! i am just seeing this! you are such an angel for taking the time out to write these words of encouragement. i ended up getting the C02 laser this week and i'm praying it was the right solution foot me. it actually turned out to be a labia cyst which explains why i never fit the mold.

much love!

• Posted

hello,

im in a similar boat. i have a chronic non infected bartholin cyst. it has been there for a year now, mostly the size of a lime, but at times it get a bit smaller or bigger. i wasnt sexually active for a year before i got the cyst, and only recently became sexually active. 1) i feel self consious about the lump 2) i felt i was dry during sex and its low key freaking me out. i have never been this dry ever!!

no information online regarding the chronic cyst only the abcessed kind. how to frikking unblock the duct?????

• Posted

ughhhh its so hard to say! i just got the c02 laser treatment and lots of women say it was helpful to them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.