Just so afraid.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

6 weeks and counting. i began this journey almost a year ago and don't have any idea what i do once i am left to cope alone. i was told i would have a plan to use long term to cope with the severe terrifying flashbacks i get, that i often get in loops, one after the other. how do i tell my counsellor about the extreme fear i have? the flashbacks won't go unless i have this plan of action in place. please help i am honestly terrified i will go back to how scared i was originally and don't want to speak to my counsellor again due to the fear

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Don't be afraid and tell your counsellor about all the fear that you get. They are the only one who can help you to get out of it and suggest the things that you should do.

• Posted

i'll try but i am very scared! can i let you know what she says?

• Edited

thanks so much Abigail, she totally understood!

• Posted

hi abigail, well that was short lived all the flashbacks and nightmares came back by 9 days after writing this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.