Just so unbelievably lonely! :(

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm sure everyone here can empathise with how lonely depression can be whether you have people around you or not. 

I have absolutely nothing at the moment. I don't speak with family and have one friend. I cut myself off from everyone when my depression got bad so, it is my own fault that it's ended up this way. 

I can't even leave my room, my bed...let alone my house at the minute! 

I just want someone to give me a big hug and tell me everything will be ok but, there's nobody there to do that and I can't say I feel connected to even myself. 

All I do is sit in bed and doze, dreaming most of the time. Usually about falling from great heights and a multitude of bad situations but, even that is better than this non existence I am stuck in! 

Sorry to ramble on, I start counselling on Monday so...maybe things will change soon. Maybe. 

3 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hang in there. Bfore you know it youll be in therapy. You can get love though...So many pups/cats  need to be rescued from the shelters and they give unconditional love. Find one who is  low maintenance and has low energy and you will get all the love you can imagine and the pup gets the same and a home.
    • Posted

Hey Lisa, 

I would so love a dog to give all my love to but, unfortunately I am not allowed pets in my flat sad I do spend time with pets as much as I can as they make me feel more present. Would love to get a pup again one day!

• Posted

Hi, fee...I'm 67 yrs. old, so let me be that grandma type to give you a big hug and tell you that everything will be ok.  Depression is a terrible disease, but that God, they have really good meds out there for you.  Have you seen a doctor yet, and are you on the right doses of medicines to make you better.

I have suffered off and on with depression my whole life, and also anxiety.  Given my age, that is a very long time...lol....I have good days and bad ones still, but the bad days make me appreciate the good ones even better.  Get out, no matter how hard it might be, and get in some sunshine. Take a little walk if it isn't dangerous in your neighborhood....I have a treadmill, and I have to force myself to get on it for 15 min. a day, but I do it, and I feel better...Tell that old depression that you are mad as hell and you aren't going to take it any more.  I believe you will start feeling better, along with meds, exercise, sleep, and love....Here's wishing you good health for the years to come....HUGS....xxxx

• Posted

Aw, thank you Carole smile 

Yes, I've been seeing my GP for about 3 or 4 months now, I'm on 120mg Propanolol and 100mg of Sertraline at the moment. 

I'm going to go out tomorrow with a friend, just to town but, anything to get me out of the house...out of my bed...will be amazing! I feel very much like I am throwing my life away at the moment which is frustrating. 

You have a good, positive insight. It's a tough journey but, I do want to get through it and be like my old, happy self again someday!

Thanks again Carole! xxx

• Posted

With counselling you should try this also

1.    Drink plenty of water

2.    Have Healthy Diet

3.   Consider tai chi, meditation and other relaxation methods.

4.    Folic acid supplements

5.    Mind body technique like yoga, accupuncture

• Posted

This makes me feel sad and i hope you know you really  not all alone. Most people up pushing everyone away to try and focus on getting better or just not wanting to deal. I hope your counseling goes well. Maybe as you feel better you can move a get a room mate. Maybe a place that excepts at least small animals so you can always have a pet to keep you happy and feel loved. Wish you best and please know you are really never alone, 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your kind words Lisa, it really means a lot! 

I had my counselling today and it did indeed go well, was very scary but I made it through! Definitely, I really hope I can get a place that allows pets one day soon, I've had dogs most of my life and I love them more than anything.

• Posted

I understand how you feel. I have Manic Depression Bipolar Disorder. I like to be alone also. At work i see lots of people working in a gym at GoodLife FITNESS, but besides that I keep to myself.
    • Posted

Hi clayton I'm still waiting to find out whats wrong with me. I am ill every 3 months so down and can't go shopping or even open letter! When I'm well I can do everything I need to and more. I can talk to anyone but when I'm ill I can't answer the phone. On sertraline and quietipine at mo but still get that 3 month cycle and mental health just leave me hanging so fed up with it all just feel stuck. Even my tongue hurts like I'm so anxious or something. Don't know what the hell it is but I can't keep doing this.

Chris

• Posted

I'm very proud of you, sweetie....just keep trying and trying, and it will be easier the more you do. I am retired, so I got myself a couple of volunteer jobs. It's hard to go to them, but I'm helping others while I help myself...I know you have a very long time to go before you can work volunteer jobs because you have to have a regular paying job, but it will get better if you don't let it get you...keep me informed, please...I care...xxxx
    • Posted

Thank you Carole, your words mean a lot! 

Aw, I'm really glad to hear that you are volunteering, it's a really good reason to get out of the house and give the day purpose, I used to volunteer as much as I could in my University days and I always thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I've had my first counselling session yesterdat, so that's a big load off my mind! And I've managed to get out of the house for the last three days which is a very big thing for me! Thank you again for your kind words and support xxxx

• Posted

You are very welcome, fee...Have a blessed day...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.