Just some support

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi everyone. I'm 35 with 4 kids under 12, happily married and have ptsd and anxiety disorder. have done for the last 20 years. I have only been on meds once about 8 years ago as I put myself under a lot of stress and my anxiety kicked in. I catastrofize/absolutely worst case scenario. I went on fluoxetine and it worked from what I remember as I was on it for a while and never needed it again until now. I have undergone alot of stress last year and this year and cracked. my anxiety kicked in and I was an absolute mess my doctor has listened to me every day so he said let's go back in fluoxetine. I stared on 20mg and in 3 and a half weeks I had to go to 40mg as my anxiety kicked in again. I'm now in week 4 of 40mg and have good and bad days. mostly good today not so much. my doctor has said it will take time and that I will improve physically before I improve mentally. I gave seen these signs like I actually went out and dug all my vegy gardens over the other day but my anxiety was bad to day not really sure what about but I'm better than I was 4-5 weeks ago. how long until I'm feeling so much better. my side effects cam back when I went to 40mg feeling sick and dizzy that makes me feel a little confused is the worst of it. just need some reassurance 😕. it worked the the same reason before 8 years ago so should work now... just want to feel me again and not worry... sending my love put to all xx

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.