Just Started

Posted , 7 users are following.

I got \"offered\" to take these capsules by my doctor this monday, been taking them for 4 days now and luckily havent seen any side effects (yet).

My weight to start with was 23st 10lb

I will update this post each week when I get weighed smile (mainly to give me an online record to share with friends)

My diet has changed drastically from eating alot of junkfood (pie/pasty/chips/whatever) and am now eating more boiled/steam veg plus alot more rice/pasta/potato to bloat the meals out so I dont get hungry after.

so far so good, havent had any urges to raid the kitchen (altho I did give away most of the junk (crisp/choc/etc) to my neighbour :P

Anyway, heres hoping that when I come back next week I am a little lighter smile

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun, just to wish you luck with your journey to loosing weight, i have been on orlistat for 8 day's now ( 1 tablet a day) and have lost 8 1/2 lb's with hardly any side effects :D

Hope to hear from you soon Lisa xx

• Posted

Good luck with your weight loss.

I have been on these tablets since the end of November and have lost just about 3 stone so far. (Starting weight was 17stone 12). I feel a lot healthier now and at present exercise in the gym three times a week. I no longer need an inhaler and everything is much easier.

Put your mind to it and you too should hopefully feel a lot better in the long run. You may get the side effects to begin with but after a while you realise what you can and cannot have and everything settles down.

• Posted

Got Weighed yesterday. no change in weight yet.

Doctor said its probably bacause I went from eating ALOT

to eating properly :P

Said it could take a week or two for my body to adjust to

the new diet.

Atleast I didnt gain weight!.

Next weight-in is next tuesday, will update then

(p.s Thanks for the support and replies)

• Posted

Hi RJ

My housemate was on these for a while, unfortunately she had an allergic reaction to them and had to stop taking them, however she did say they take at least 2-3 days to really begin working and if you lower the fat content level so greatly they won't work at all.

alot of science involved in this!!!

• Posted

2nd Weigh in.

I lost 3 lbs this time, seems the tablets have started working now.

• Posted

Just had todays weigh in.

Lost another 2lbs.

smile feeling good today smile

• Posted

Well done on your loss, its nice and steady :D

Keep up the good work

Jax

• Posted

sounds like you are doing really well - im like you loved the pies, pasties and pizzas! why do all nice things begin with P? Could you tell me what sort of things you eat for dinner now? are you eating a lot of carbs and lean meat? I find healthy food boring sometimes and repetitive!!
  • Posted

[quote:e4e42d171f=\"hpwellsy\"]sounds like you are doing really well - im like you loved the pies, pasties and pizzas! why do all nice things begin with P? Could you tell me what sort of things you eat for dinner now? are you eating a lot of carbs and lean meat? I find healthy food boring sometimes and repetitive!![/quote:e4e42d171f]

for dinner im not eating anything special really. This week so far ive had:

Sunday - Roast Pork, Dry roasted poatoes, Steamed veg (carrots/cabbage/peas) and low salt gravy granules.

Monday - 2 eggs, 1 sausage & beans (whole tin) on toast (2 peices bread).

Tuesday- Jacket Potato with Chilli con carne

Wednesday- Pasta with chicken pieces sweetcorn and thickened chicken soup (juat add cornflour)

All this can be made really easily, if I can do it anyone can :P

I do use \"fry light sunflower oil spray\" if im doing anything like eggs etc. I grill anything else. Most of the time I just cut down on portions or replace the extra sausages I would had had before with more potato/beans/toast etc

oh yeh, and cut out the snacking (my biggest problem). I find when im feeling hungry between meals I just drink alot until feeling goes (2 pints squash etc) It works for me.

Im not going to cut out all fats and nice food, because I know that when I get taken off the tablets I will just go back to them.

So what sort of things are you eating.

• Posted

im not eating much in fear of getting a belly ache!!

Cereal with skimmed milk for breakfast

ryvita and low fat houmous for lunch with fruit and yogurt

for dinner steamed fish with rice and peas or chicken

or pasta but finding it hard to get any low fat pasta sauces!!!!

anyways fruit and ryvita seem to be the main things I am eating at the moment. I am prone to snacking but its been on fruits or the occasional bag of snack a jacks!!

• Posted

Hey petal, for a low-fat pasta sauce, try a glug of Dolmio (naturally low-fat - i think it's 6g for a whole jar of the original one) with a spoonful of a very light soft cheese (like Philadelphia or similar generic) and a handful of fresh basil :lol: simple and lovely!

Stripeycat XXX

• Posted

[quote:16d2afb4ef=\"hpwellsy\"]im not eating much in fear of getting a belly ache!!

Cereal with skimmed milk for breakfast

ryvita and low fat houmous for lunch with fruit and yogurt

for dinner steamed fish with rice and peas or chicken

or pasta but finding it hard to get any low fat pasta sauces!!!!

anyways fruit and ryvita seem to be the main things I am eating at the moment. I am prone to snacking but its been on fruits or the occasional bag of snack a jacks!![/quote:16d2afb4ef]

If I remember correctly, my doctor told me to be careful of fruits and food that contain a high amount of sugar as when eaten it can quickly turn to fat and the tablets wont work with suger. Also the tablets require that you eat some fat in order to work (i think people say 15g for each meal on here).

I havent had any side effects from the tablets yet. I asked the doctor about this and she said that if you continue to eat high fat meals then thats when it can happen.

So, my advice would be to stop trying to cut out all fat you can and remember to eat your \"normal\" meals as when you come off the tablets in the future you will have more chance keeping off the weight if you are eating things that you enjoy. (just try to cut down on the fatty items and replace with more of the not-so-fatty ie. less bacon, more egg or less meat, more veg etc)

of course, everyone is different and if you are comfortable eating what you are then keep it up smile hope you see some weight loss soon smile

• Posted

Be careful with the ggs - the MAP lady told me they can have between 6g - 13g of fat in them depending on their size. The white is fine, its those lovely yolks that are the danger bits!1 :lol:
  • Posted

hey jax GG's?? got well confused then realised I think you mean eggs?! well beans on toast for me a low fat yog for lunch! filled me up nicely. new fruit crunch ryvitas are my saviour for an afternoon snack!!! i dont mind eating this food but its at times (usually when i bored) i want KFC BK or even better dominos!!!!!!!! Sorry if I have got you all craving it now!!!!

im out for a carvery lunch tomorrow but ill only have boiled pots and no cauliflower cheese :-( oh and turkey not gammon cos its better for you! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.