Just started

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on Orlistat 5 days now. I have already started the orange oily stools, Does this mean I am losing weight?. I am trying to understand the fat part of food but I am finding it hard the food I can eat. Im not a lover of veg so does anyone have ideas for me, thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, if yr getting oil it means yr eating too much fat. Look at fat content nothing should be over 5g of fat per 100g. All the tablets do it stop you from eating naughty things else u get oil. Too much and you can't control it so cut out the fat. No butter, cheese, biscuits crisps. Basically nothing bad.

• Posted

Thank you for getting back to me. Its hard trying to get your mind set so you dont eat too much fat. Fingers crossed it stops soon.
  • Posted

Yes your eating too much fat. I had orange stools when I ate some cheap chicken nuggets...omg never again. I was also told by a weight management dietitian that nothing should be more than 3% in any portion .... I follow a low fat 1200cal diet and in 5 weeks I have lost 12lb and that's with my birthday night and 2 England games nights out with food .....my advice is to use a Fitbit app or write down everything you eat so that you can look out for what starts you off for a bad belly, so far I know cheese ..but low fat not so bad , chicken nuggets, some Mayo does , normal mince , 5% fat mince is ok. I've cut out chocolate as I can't cut down that wouldn't work for me, only 4 slices brown bread a week, if you need spread on your bread use a scraping cos even the light spread has bad oil in it ...hope this helps 

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me. I have downloaded a app for food etc. Pizza did me really bad, so no more pizza for me lol. My problem is I dont eat veg, brown bread or rice so looking for food is hard. Fingers crossed I can sort it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.