Just started bisoprodol, lowest dose. How long is the nausea likely to last?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Andi s thereanything Ican do to ease it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Do betablockers cause nausea? My daughter's been on a different betablocker, propranolol, for 2 years and has been suffering terrible nausea. The doctors said it couldn't be the betablocker??
  • Posted

I came off bisoprolol  started on the lowest  dose then went up a dose  they made me feel awful   im ow back on atenolol , my advice is stick  with  it for a few weeks  see if the  side effects  get easier if not go  back  to gp  like i had too , i was constantly  on the loo  and they made my hair fall out and when i upped the dose  it gave me chest pain  .. good luck x
  • Posted

Hi Sue, sorry to hear you are having problems with Bisiprol, it is a nasyt drug with many side effects, read the leaflet that comes in the box for all known side effects.

I assume you are on the minium dozeage  1.25mg.

I have on behalf of my wife Maxine written a lot on this site about the effects of Bisoprol.

Even the lowest doze knocked my wife sideways and after getting her Cardiologist to reduce it down and then change to Atenolol, which both my wife and I take with no side effects what so ever.

The problem is that different drugs effect people in different ways and also depends on what you have wrong with you and what other drugs you are taking.

I researched every drug my wife was taking to check what effects that they may have and like wise for myself, If I don't like what I see I speak to my GP or cardiologist about it.

Good luck Ken.

• Posted

Thank you everyone. This isn't what I wanted to hear! I was hoping it would wear off after a few days. I've eaten very little for five days or so and coming home yesterday had to stop the car until I felt steadier. I have two weeks to go before my next appoimntment so will try to put up with it until then. It has slowed my poulse but my diastolic bp is way above what it normally is though the upper one is more or less OK so its a bit of a puzzle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.