Just started duloxetine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is it normal to have increased anxiety when starting duloxetine? I am on day 8 at the moment and feel awful!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi ; yes your anxiety can increase, before it gets better..only you know, if you can tolerate this side effect.but I would try and give them a good go..for six weeks anyway..if your anxiety is worse after this. I would change meds..Hope your o.k. xx
  • Posted

Yes! Very common. I'm on day 12 myself on 30mg duloxetine. I am still having side effects but more good days than bad so that is a good sign. How are you doing now??

• Posted

Hi I just started today at 20mg. I was wondering how its working for you now? Im taking it for GAD, social anxiety, depression and pain. When did you start to feel yucky? Is it tolerable or getting any better? Thank you for your insight.
  • Posted

yes definitely i had increased anxiety.

IN face, duloxetine is working extremely well for me. I am on pregalin too to help ease the anxiety symtons. In comination they work well.

I do get bloated though thats the only downfall .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.