Just started femeston....still not sure.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just started femeston after much deliberation . Still worried about taking hrt as I’ve heard so many scare stories. I’m 51 and doctor is quite happy for me to take it but still feel a bit apprehensive .

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I've been taking Femoston for 3 months. It's got rid of the hot flushes and sweats and calmed the anxiety symptoms a bit. I haven't had any side effects apart from the last couple of weeks when I've started getting quite severe headaches a couple of times a week. Give it a try for 3 months but if you have any problems go straight back to your GP as there are other ways to use HRT x

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Anxiety is a problem for me so hoping it helps with that. I will give it a few months definitely and see how I feel.
  • Posted

If it doesn't help with the anxiety the GP will probably offer antidepressants to go with the Femoston. However, because I didn't suffer with anxiety before menopause I decided to research and saw that in my case it is a meno symptom. So I am going to start on the estrogen gel next week and will see if that makes any difference. If after three months it hasn't improved they have said I can be given testosterone. If, after all attempts at balancing hormones haven't helped, I'll  then try the antidepressants x

• Posted

I see you’ve mentioned gel. Is that still femeston? I’m taking the pill form.
  • Posted

I thought that because I still had low mood and some anxiety on Femoston I would go back to GP. All his answer was, well I'll double the dose of the Femoston but obviously that will double the risk and give you antidepressants. Having done lots of research I wasn't happy with that response. If you have HRT transdermally however, via a patch or gel, it doesn't have to pass through the liver. Therefore you can have a lower dose of the gel because it's absorbed through the skin. It is also good because you can adjust the amount of pumps but I would take advice before increasing what was prescribed x

• Posted

Yep, have read the same about pills V Patch or gel. Thanks for all your advice, will see how I go on pills for a bit. Only just started anyway, so early days.
  • Posted

Yes I'd definitely give it three months before deciding anything.  I would say though - and I wish I'd done it - keep a note each day of how you're feeling. Physically and mentally. Then you can look back and see if and how much it's helped you and whether there were any side effects and when they occurred. If at the end of three months you decide it's not for you it is VERY useful to be able to show the GP how you went during that time. Hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Hi anjt65

I have just started on Femoston 1/10 I am a week into my second month. I am 50 and hit a menopause like a brick wall, I went to Dr crying thought I was going mad, low mood, anxiety, ect , did not want to do anything talk to anybody, I withdrew. I had three weeks of feeling my old self then the 4 week I felt a little low but nothing like before hrt, I have just had my first bleed and I felt fine throughout it. I too was worried about starting hrt when on it every ache or pain I worried that it was down to taking hrt. But I am much calmer and I think the benefit of not having all the symptoms for the next couple of years out weigh the risks( which are very small) . Give it time they do say between 3 to 6 months to get into your system, and Femoston has one of the kinder poygesterons and ladies tolerate this better, hang on in there I am sure you will feel less anxious real soon xx

• Posted

Hi cluxton. Thank you for your reply and advice. Yeah, I think it’s those nagging worries about breast cancer etc... but I’m 51 and have been feeling pretty rubbish for a while now. I am going to stick with it for a least 3 months until I have to see doctor again. Am a real worrier anyway which dosn’t help with the thoughts but have to weigh up the risks V quality of life I guess🤷???

• Posted

Hi, yes I am same I worry about most things always have since being a child but the peri took my worry to a whole different level, anxiety, low mood, stomach upset ect. I put off going on hrt for risks, but read lots of websites menopause matters was a good website for me really informative give it a read. I now worry about taking hrt but must admit it has helped Femoston.  I am going to give it 3 months to get into my system but lots of Dr says if they had there way women over 45 with symptoms should be on hrt not Anti- depressants . We will all get through this at some stage in our lives and if we need a little help to get there so be it, good luck keep us posted on how you are getting on x
  • Posted

Hi I have been taking HRT or seven years now. I am 63. As long as you get checked while taking them you should be fine, have made such a difference to my quality of life.
    • Posted

Thanks for reply. Not sure if you was suffering with anxiety as well as hot sweats etc ...but did the hrt help with that too? Have really not been feeling myself for a while.
    • Posted

Hi Angjt65, sorry for late reply ... Yes I suffered from bad anxiety & hot sweats .. it took my anxiety away .. get hot now & then! Nothing like it was .. hope this helps x

• Posted

Hello Angjt

Give it a try and see how you go with it.  There seems to be a lot of women who would like to be on HRT but doctors won't prescribe.  I've been on it for 17 years without problems.  I do advise regular monitoring of oestrogen levels and also annual mammogram and ultrasound because of the very slight increase in the risk of breast cancer.  I go to a private gynaecologist twice a year and a breast surgeon once a year.  For me HRT has meant having a great skin, great vaginal juices, looking much younger than my contemporaries, sleeping well and feeling great.

All the best.

Lyn

• Posted

I used Femoston 1/10 for 3 months. Wow, it was the best thing that happened to me after the depression and hot flushes that were unbearable. Unfortunately, it is not available locally in my country Kenya. I was put on premarin which is horse urine oestrogen I guese. I did not like it. Then I was put on prempak C .625. which I have been using for the past one year. It was ok. But the best was Femoston, my skin glowed and greatly improved. The quality of my life improved. I would use femoston again. Unfortunately, HRTs are no longer readily available in Kenya. I wish i could get someone to help buy for me femostone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.