Just started Gabapentin and going well so far

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone, thought I'd pop in and see how people are going with Gabapentin.  My neuro first gave me Lyrica which was dreadful and made me feel like a zombie. Now on Gabapentin and doing well (but its only the first week). Any info on how anyone else is coping with it gratefully received smile

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been on Gabapentin for 3 years now,increasing dosage fro900 mg per day to 5600 mg per day. This is all due to exposure to Agent Orange. No problems but I am pretty tired by the end of the day.
    • Posted

One of the unfortunate side effects of gabapentin is drowsiness. I've never heard of a patient at that high a dosage. They usually top people outvatcaround 3200 to 3600 mg and call it a day. Then you get steroid packs or something else to help. Sorry about the Agent Orqnge situation. But like I said at THAT high a dosage I'm surprised you're not sleeping all day.

• Posted

I guess my body has adjusted to it. My concern is what happens next year? This may not be my worse problem as I now need to go to Hematogist to look at my blood. Already thyroid cancer survivor.All due to exposure to AO. Served my country (drafted) and this is what I received
    • Posted

Life is not fair. Bit it's life and I guess we all just have to keep plodding along. My back surgery has been iffy in terms of what I got out of it so far. If it doesn't work they can saw the right leg off because I'm not going to tolerate that kind of pain if it comes back. Bottom line.

• Posted

I have been on gab for 2 years they are very good for nerve pain. My pains are in lumbar area and groins.You have to wait a while for them to get on your system. I am on 900 mg 3x a day hope this helps
    • Posted

I am going to another Neurologist to get a second opinion to see if High does of Gabapentin is right for me. I currently take 800 mg 6-7 times a day.
  • Posted

Going great for me. 900mg no side effects and no leg pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.