just started mirtaz feeling odd scared, normal????

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all hope someone can help as getting anxious. 

Changed from citalopram to mirtazapine 3 nights ago after stopping citalopram 3 days previously. Anyhow. Im still feeling awful etc tho my panic attacks are not as often now but still feeling depressed. I have a few random bursts of energy bought on by panic usually for example realised i had completely neglected cleaning my house so had a mad clean which led to me having a panic attack and crying all over hubby 😞 

i guess this is normal till i get used to them but thete are some things worrying me. I am on 15mg and take before bed as doc said. Still feeling groggy when waking till around 10. About 1-2 o clock in the afternoon tho my head starts to feel whirly, and when i move my eyes it feels like my brain is feeling it and has tingles in my brain when i move my eyes??! also what is worrying is that my cheeks have been going red, my head feels warm but rest of me feels cool?? my appetite it through the roof already and normally i drink far too little but i cant seem to stop drinking? 

I guess i just wondered if this is normal or something serious i should worry about?? Thanks everyone 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I can't explain some of your symptoms, except that anxiety can cause weird feelings, including tingles and hot/cold skin? The feeling of wanting to drink a lot could be due to the mirtazapine giving you a dry mouth, that's what I was told. It is very early days for the mirtazapine, antidepressants can take a while to work fully, and things should settle down in the coming weeks. So my suggestion would be to try not to worry, while you give it a chance to work. Worrying about anxiety is counterproductive, it just makes it worse! Try to relax, give yourself a break, and stick to sensible foods if you feel hungry.
    • Posted

thank you x my cheeks just feel really warm lol. My head tingles kind of feel like glitching lol. kind of feels like if i used to drop the dose or accidently miss a dose of my citalopram but worse sad think im really going to have to try hard to eat sensibly as been eating junk. Though i was anyway as i tend to do when i feel down. Thanks so much for the advice xx

• Posted

Hi Michelle,

I totally understand what u mean by the tingly head sensation !! I've been getting that on and off and I've been worried about that too!

Im same similar situation to u too with the tablets but I'm now 2 weeks into mirtazapine and 1 week into it I took a massive panic attack last Monday which was just horrible and that tingly head feeling was there for ages after it. I've been better since then but still now and again get the head tingle.

So I am putting it down to just anxiety and maybe being slightly anxious but feeling ok.

I wouldn't worry about it tho as I'm having it too. So when I read this I felt better hearing it's not just me. It must be anxiety stress or the tablet that's doing it.

Let just try chill and take our wee 15ml at night one day at a time 🙏❤️❤️

Hope ur ok try not to worry ❤️💖💖

Nothing worse tho just know ur not alone xx

• Posted

oh gosh!So good to hear someone else gets it! well, it's not nice that you get it but you know what i mean! i guess it must be anxiety it just isn't something i usually get with my anxiety so really panicked me lol. Thank u for sharing. I know i found it hard writing this so im thankful others are replying and its nice to hear from people who understand. x yes i hope the 15 works, doc said she may have to put me up eventually to 30. I was on 40 mg of citalopram before this. To be fair i just hope anything works at the moment. I will try and go easy and see how i go. Thank u xxx
    • Posted

God man that's so strange that is the same as me !!! I NEVER had the head tingle ever as part of anxiety !! So it's new to me too! I don't know what it is ! I was gonny go to doctor but last night I got it again and I did have a slight anxiety during the day so I put it down to the After effect of that. And today I'm in work I have felt good and don't have it so who knows but ur deffo not alone.💖
  • Posted

Think what the the above Pixie said to just try relax is very good advice X my mum keeps telling me that lol xx
    • Posted

yes hubby keeps saying it to me, if only it was just as easy as saying it lol xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.