Just started on combination of 2 antidepressants is anyone on the same ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on fluoxetine for many years but now trying a combination of 2 antidepressants - I am now on 40mg Fluox and 75mg VENLAFAXINE anyone on similar doseage and how do you feel ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hello, did he snri work as an add on to the ssri?

• Posted

im.on venlafaxine and mirtazapine but weaning off mitrazapine because of weight gain...can feel my mood dipping so thinking I might need too try venlafaxine with something else instead of mitrazapine 😭😭

• Posted

I don"t know if this will be helpful, but I hope so. I have been on venlafaxine and mirtazapine for 8 months. I have gained almost 20 lbs. In all fairness, 15 lbs of it was weight that I really needed to regain as I had lost a lot of weight from anxiety and depression. After all of this time, I am finding that the weight gain has pretty much leveled out. I do have to be careful of what I am eating but recently having to go gluten and dairy free has helped with that. Most of what I eat now is pretty healthy (although I could eat an entire big box of Cheerios with vanilla Oatmilk when cravings hit!!). I had read somewhere that it can take 6 months - 1 year for a body to adjust to miratazine's effect on metabolism. I decided to wait it out and found it to be true for me. Your situation could be very different, but I just wanted to mention it since it sounds as it you were doing well, mood-wise, on the combo of venlafaxine and mirt. Good luck whatever you decide!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.