Just started on Eleste Duet 1mg just looking for other peoples experiences

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, iv just started on Eleste Duet 1mg for hot flushes & night sweats, gp said wouldnt help with moods etc, iv been rock bottom for about 3 yrs and started hot sweats about 2 yrs ago, thinking this was start of menopause i had blood tests but all was normal, periods returned n sweats stopped, it all started again in nov so went for more tests n yes this time its been confirmed. Thought yesssss finally i may get my life back, only to b told wont help moods, libido etc, but hey i will get periods back and protect my bones!!!! Was angry as need help with moods now, done all the usual counselling, assessed for Bipolar, tried anti depressants n nothing helped, gp said its just me and ill have to live with it. Chose HRT as have 15yr old with ADHD, Autism & Diabetes, work shift s & hubby is self employed so cant be doing with lack of sleep & sweats. Just wonderreed what experiences others have had x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds so similar - have four kids, all have medical issues, three of them have complex needs (one has ASD and ADHD to) and I too have autoimmune disease. Husband has glaucoma too... life is hard and you have my sympathy!!! However, this does NOT preclude you from having separate issues, and you deserve decent care independently of those things, and extra consideration because you are a Carer and that's a really demanding role.  

I've been back and forth to the GP for past two years (NEVER go for me usually) but all the things were treated as separate issues - eczema, chronic severe insomnia, joint pain and stiffness, low mood, mood swings, sweating, NO libido... just mostly told I am stressed and depressed! But like my mum and grandmother I've had an early menopause and it's taken years to get this addressed. Elleste didn't suit me at all, I've just switched to Femoston (sp?) and it seems ok so far - early days. But yes it CAN improve your mood, reduce mood swings, give you more energy, ad also by removing the irritating symptoms and helping you sleep it can also improve libido and overall feeling of wellbeing. So stick with it - and if this doesn't help another HRT brand might.

• Posted

Thanks i will giv it a chance, no option really lol x how long did u wait til u decided it wasnt right for u?
    • Posted

After not going to the loo for two weeks!!! Something in that preparation acted as a diuretic and slowed my bowel. 
  • Posted

Hi,  I have recently started on these, well a week ago,, you might see my previous posts moaning lol, , I'm not going to lie , for me, my symptoms are not as severe so far and trust me I have evry symptom and as bad as u can get it !!! But defiantly died Dwn, been a bit tearful, and was itchy etc but starting to die Dwn, no tears today or itching, , moods are up and Dwn, wen I'm up its gd but wen I'm Dwn I'm a monster!! Again it's only been a week for me and I knw thy can take 3 months, so I ave decided to go the whole month at least, I got nothing to loose as I'm a living mess anyway, and if no improvement again will try switching, but from wat I have been told they defiantly take 3 months to benefit, , overall, I am better on them than off them so far, that's one week, but I have a long way to o to be better, my advice, you have o give them time, go the whole month to see if they make a difference, I did have nausea to but that gone, and I switched from taking mine in the morning to the evening, much better makes a difference, gd luck and I hope this helps, ,I truly understand how difficult it is my 14 yer old is terminally ill, I have no friends no family and it took me a yer to convince my doctor !! They said I was depressed !!!! Give them a go, ,
    • Posted

Hi Julie, firstly I must say how sorry I was to read about your 14 year old. It really struck a cord with me as I also have a 14 year old xx. I'm now on month 4 of taking Elleste Duet 1mg and it has bought me out of the black hole I was in. I'm not completely back to normal, whatever that is!, but a million times better. Big hugs xx
  • Posted

Hello lwywachol!,

I have been prescribed HRT in the US  I am taking 1 mg estradoil with norethridrone tablet.  I do not know what is the equivalent of this in the UK, I can tell you that I have had vast improvement of moods since prescribed it, along with the physical symptoms of menopause.  I also can tell you that when I have tried to stop the HRT the symptoms come back with a vengence. I have lost my parents and a brother during my menopausal years and I know that I would not have been able to deal with their illnesses and passing as well had I not had the benefit of HRT.  This is my personal experience, I hope this helps you to clarify what is benefiting you or not.  Best of luck.  xo 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.