just started prostap injections and dont feel well??

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started the injection 4 days ago due to very heavy and irregular periods.

Since having this injection ive had bloating really bad stomach cramps bad dirreah and my bleeding is worse, also my knee joints are so painful.

Has anyone else suffered like this or am i alone its making me not want another injection and i feel so emotional and moody.

Please say it gets better im only 28. Xxx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi laura23643 I feel for u and having the injections at a young age. I've had 2 injections so far but only had some ache and pains plus headaches what can be really bad. I think u need to go and talk to your doctor be for your next injection as I'm not sure if it will get better. I think it gets to people in different ways. But I do no it's very hard to cope with.
    • Posted

Hi amanda thNks for reply, im due another injection 22 may i will go to my appointment but dont think i will be.havin it done but least i can put my point across face to face.

i dont really no alot Bout this prostap only got a tiny sheet to read through but looking online it says will put me through menapause? Well i already have two boys but me and hubby would like another baby next year? Think i need to sit down with my gyno doct and ask this but it all moved so quick x

• Posted

Hi Laura I understand what your saying I would deffo speak to your doctor defo if your wanting a baby. I'm diffrent as I'm not allowed to have any more but im 41 so getting to old anyway lol. When they told me that they are treating me like a 60 year old I got upset. That's when they told me I have Endometriosis.its so hard to get your head around things. But I looked it all up to. They've just got to sort out my tablets as the 1st lot gave me bagging headaches.
    • Posted

Yeah thats what i have too.

defo guna speak to my doc then as i go away end may and dont want to be bleedings or in pain. Ive been fine today tho just had a real bad day yesterday x

• Posted

Laura I understand about pain I go to bed in pain and wake up with it, even when I'm on morphine to help me. I can't eat as it hurts me. In My head I just have to plod on and cope with what I can. I just do t understand why I have to wait and see the gyni doctor until September.
    • Posted

Wow that is a long time im there 22 may then 4th aug.

Can you maybe ring up and get seen quicker x

• Posted

Hi Laura that's what I thought but I go every mth for my injections due to have next one on the 8th may. And in my doctor is there then the nurse will see him for me. When I go need to sort out the tablets as I had to come of the 1st lot. Just sick and tired of it all. Wish it was all over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.