Just started taking Losartan, how long does it take to start working?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed with stage 1 hypertension a couple days ago (my blood pressure has been consistently in the 140s, as high as 155 range past few months and i'm 20 years old and otherwise fit/healthy) and was prescribed Losartan. However, after two days of taking it, i've seen little difference in my blood pressure and y headaches remain. 

Anybody know how long it took before seeing a difference? Thanks. 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was wondering how the losartan is working for you since it has been 8 months since posting? I was prescribed 25mg yesterday as I was taking lisinopril and developed "the cough" today is my first day with the losartan, so far I can still feel the headache but not as bad as last several days......

• Posted

Hey Rusty, i started taking losartan a week ago, it didn't take long to see the difference in my bp readings, but even though my bp is under control im having symptoms like lightheadeness and dizziness, im not sure if its because of the medication cause I was already feeling like that when I went to the doctor so im waiting to see if it goes away since I read they could be side effects and they could last for a while at the beginning of the treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.