Just started taking Ramipril

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just started taking Ramipril 2.5 and just this morning and I feel so tired. But don't know if it is that or that I haven't been sleeping well. I didn't react too well to being told I had high blood pressure!! I wanted to reduce my weight, lower salt and get more exercise but was told that that probably wouldn't help as it's my lower reading which is high. The fact of having to start it has my anxiety heightened and my mood low, which I would suffer from occasionally but have been able to cope well and have never needed any meds.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This Ramipril certainly made me tired, but I was upped to 10mg daily after the initial low start.  Came off it some few weeks ago and switched to candesartan 2mg and seem OK with that.  Good luck to you and hope you soon feel better.
    • Posted

Thank you! I'm sure there are plenty of people who have started Ramipril without a problem, but I'm getting a picture of a lot of people getting started on it then having then having to be changed.
  • Posted

I was started on it just a year ago, the smallest does then that was raised to the medium dose and I got a dreadful cough. So the drput me on Losartan which I understand worksin a similar way to Ramipril but without the cough - which is common. Been on that since last September with well controlled BP and no side effects.  Afraid I reacted like you Stephanie when told I had hypertension: I was angry at myself, feeling I'd brought it on but not really knowing how. Dr kept saying 'It's not your fault' which I felt was a sop. I felt very sorry for myself then met someone who had been diagnosed with diabetes at the same time and wondered what I was bleating about!
  • Posted

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry to hear about your woes through perhaps taking Ramipril.  I only took it for about 2 weeks and had to come off it, but not due to tiredness.  It was the dreaded cough!  Am currently taking Erdesartan and am experiencing tiredness, although blood pressure has come down!  Sorry I cannot give you any useful information.  Good luck.

• Posted

Hi

Can emphasise with you completely. Been on ramipril 2.5 for a month now and feel lousey i.e tired and lacking energy.

I went to the GP for a check up feeling slight pressure in my chest and found my BP to be 210 over 115 !

Still getting readings close to this and now i now about it is probably causing the anxiety !

Did you feel as tired before you started taking your perscription ?

R

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.