Just started taking sertraline, wondering about side-effects?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

I was just prescribed 25mg sertraline yesterday, and this is my first day taking it. I've read online that people have experienced a whole bunch of different side-effects pretty soon after taking it, and for some time. 

I was a little nervous about taking it because of this, but I was totally fine most of today- if not a little sleepy but honestly that's not uncommon for me. However, this evening I've started feeling pretty shaky and nauseous out of nowhere, but it's been a solid 5-6 hours since I've taken it- so I was just wondering if it's possible to experience side-effects this long after taking it, or if this is probably something unrelated? I was really hoping I would be lucky enough to avoid this sort of thing hah

Thanks in advance!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi may. I started 25mg 7 days okay. For me the nausea comes and goes throughout the day. Trying to combat it by eating little and often x

This, lack of appetite and not sleeping well are the only issues I've experienced so far. Due an increase tomorrow to 50mg!! Hope this helps x

• Posted

I read that the levels of the drug peaks at about 5 to 8 hours so you might be feeling the peak x
  • Posted

That seems totally normal May. My first week the side effects went in waves and changed out throughout the day. I’m finishing week 2 and now they’re kinda spreading out more and More. Are you eating? I find that food helps with the nausea a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.