Just started taking this tablet advice please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just started taking this pill 1 tablet 2 times a day 300mg . I have a slipped disc this is why they gave me this and after 4months them trying all different pills I have these.

Was bit scared at first coz I suffer with depression and am on antidepressants 100mg trazadone.

My question is will the feeling of feeling drugged up go ? Coz am hoping this help the pain Iam and I can go back to work .

I have been told just to watch me depression .

Also this is my first day on these pills how long before I feel effects that this has worked ? And how long for a y side effects to go ?

Thank you for any advice

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It wore off in about a month for me. But doe some people getting off it is hard ...some peoole have withdrawel others dont.
    • Posted

Thanks , I don't know how long I be on them for . I just hate the feeling of being drugged . Been in so much pain just want to be normal again .

And go back to work but I can't go back feeling drugged and in pain .

2 doctors refused to give me these coz depression . First day on them and am still I'm bit pain but slept most day . Which I don't really want

Don't like the sound of the withdrawal though that's not good

• Posted

Many people like neurontin. When i tried to go off i had issues. But it does help with pain,anxiety and sleep. Its a medication that affects your brain. Many people dont have withdrawal as well.
    • Posted

Thanks Maria just need this pain to go in me leg coz slipped disc it's had my life for months . I will carry on and see how it goes

• Posted

Hi donna97909, I have beeen taking gabapentine for years I'm now on the max dose , I don't recall any bad side effects of them initially I was taking 2.4 times a day but you become intolerant to them over time ,

im sure that once they are in your system that you will be okay as they are good for pain relief , I take antidepressants as well as other medication and I would not like to have to stop them as they really help me, fingers crossed that the side effects ease of,

take care 

loraine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.