Just Started using the foam

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

Had this horrible disease for 15 yrs now and this is the first time ive had the foam for flareups. 

I have been using pentasa 1g from day one as its quite mild and only have to run for the toilet of late.

How messy do you get with it as ive only to use it at night and pentasa through the day.

This is the worst flareup i have had since diagnosis.

it's goin on nearly 2 yrs but can cope not to bad with it. 

For anybody on here please dont get stressed out when you see blood.  Its part and parcel

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rymbo, I hope the foam works for you, I was prescribed the foam but found I'd need to use the bathroom straight away making the medication useless I now use the Pentasa suppositories over night to bring down the inflammation unfortunately UC can be a stubborn condition and sometimes I needed a short course of oral steroids before I went in to remission again
    • Posted

Managed to sleep without any mess so that's a good start

Virgo the pentasa has worked for years for me .

Only time i have actually been in remission was when i smoked for two years. 

No meds at all but the cigs is not the way forward.

Any coffee drinkers on here think its a no no for us sufferers??

• Posted

Hi Rymbo,

I too struggled with the foam. I tried it several times as the docs were alway keen, but 1, I was sore down there with all the BM and 2, as soon as I pressed the button I had the urge to go so it came straight back out. Each time I ended up back on oral steroids.

The pentasa for me also didn't do much for me, but now I'm completely medicine free...simply because I've had all the defective bits surgically removed! Bit drastic but for me was the best and only option.

hope you get on top of it!

regards,

John

• Posted

Thanks John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.