just started venlafaxine 75mg... how is everyone doing on it.. and what should expect..

Posted , 3 users are following.

just want to know how Venlafaxine is doing for everyone... any info would be helpful.. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jennifer, venlafaxine was doing good for me until recently I've started to feel the depression and anxiety coming back. Went to my doctors and they've upped my dose to 225mg now so I'm hoping it starts working for me again soon. Are you just starting out taking it?x

• Posted

hi.. i just seen this.. and thank you for getting back to me.. i am just starting it.. but now i am on 75mg for 3 days now..    i take it in the morning .  and i need all the help i can get..  i am not feeling very good today sofar.  i feel tight and shaky.   started 37.5 for 7 days and now on 75mg for 3 as of today.  how are you feeling now on 225mg?   how long have you been on venlafaxine?   please let me know.... ty
  • Posted

Only side effects I got was trouble urinating and sleepiness. They soon subsided though. Everyone reacts differently to Meds though so my experience may not necessarily be the exeperience you have x
  • Posted

Hi Jennifer my story is very long but in a nutshell for about 12 years I was on Venlafaxine generic when the generic was discontinued and substituted with something similar. It did not work for me and I began having terrible breakthrough panic and anxiety. So my doctor husband and his partner who happens to be my doctor decided that I should wean off and try Lexapro. Needless to say I did not have a good result with Lexapro in that after 10 weeks my anxiety tripled. So it came off of that and went back on name-brand Effexor XR 75mg. Have been doing really well on it for the past 3 months then about 2 weeks ago had a breakthrough anxiety attack that is just simmering below the surface now so I think I'm going to have to increase my medication to 150 mg. Overall I do like this medication because when it works it works great. Considering my age a53 and being menopausal I understand that hormones have a lot to do with anxiety so that being said 150 might help me out for the next however many years I have to go through this crap. Hope you're having some luck on it.

• Posted

hi.. i just started 75mg 3 days ago..  i am 56 and i am also going thru menopausl problems i think.. i am on hormones with my gyno.   my doc wants me to move up in about 7-10 days to 112.5..  i feel all tight and shaky today but i hope it will go away when the sun comes out.. been raining in jersey for the last 8days or so.. that itself is depressing.   i am on venlafazine 75mg   .  lexapro pooped out on me.  twice.. was on that lexapro 10mg for about 10yrs then in aug it stopped working and they have tried other but didn;t work..  doc put me back on lexapro but it didn;t work..  so here i am on another one..  please tell me i will be alright.. i am scared that i will never be right again..  any information you can share would be great..  i was switched because of my stomach and my phyo doc and gasto doc decided that this venlafaxine will help me with the stomach also..  tell me what you think .. please  ty

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.