just started yesterday

Posted , 3 users are following.

just started taking orlistat yesterday and so far no side effects. disappointed with the doctor though as he prescribed tablets but gave no advice on what diet to follow along with them. i have read tha some pteople have so many grams of fat per day but dont know how much this is ? he gave me tablets and told me to go back in a months time to get weighed so i would appreciate it if anyone could tell me what i should be eating as i dont know if i am doing right or wrong ! i feel really positive about sticking to this and just want to get the right advice from anyone elses experience this website is fab.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I started on Orlistat 3 months ago but havent taken any for the past two weeks and still lost weight. Ive lost 21 pounds to date. I do believe that my weight loss has been due to exercising hard 3 times a week, sticking to a low fat diet and eating around 1500- 1600 calories a day. During the first few weeks I kept a journal and at weekends I ALWAYS plan what Im going to eat the following week and cook as much from fresh as possible. There are loads of websites that you can get receipes from and some you type in what you are eating and they work out fat, protein and calories etc. Tesco have a free one you can join I think its called the healthy plan. I still have a way to go to get to my ideal weight but Im determined and I know that this is a life change. [b]Good luck[/ 8) 8) b]. Keep focused and visualise yourself in that sexy dress at the Christmas Party.
  • Posted

Hi, I also started on Orlistat yesterday. No huge sidde affect yet, just a little loose on the number 2's...

The nurse I saw was really helpful. She told me to talke only 1 tablet a day with my main meal for the 1st 4 days, then go to 2 tables for another 4 days then up to the 3 tablets.

She told me to cut out anything fatty so cheese, salami, full fat milk, patries, biscuits, cakes etc.. The side affects will deffinatly be worse if you dont so this.

Beware of ready meals as they will have high fat and sugar content too.

I think as long as you are sensible, ie fruit, porridge, ceral for breakfast, plenty of fruit and veg, fish, lean meat etc for other meals, you should be ok.

• Posted

I started taking Xenical yesterday too!

So far no bad side effects. I've prepared myself for the worst -- just in case, but nothing has happened. I do have a headache. Don't know if that is related or not, but I wish it would go away!

I forgot to pack my capsules this morning, so I'm not too happy about that. But my packed lunch is really low fat and healthy... so hope that won't be too much of a setback.

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we can provide some support to each other! smile

• Posted

hi im now on my second week of the tablets and so far so good. havent had any accidents yet just a little looseness ! i too have been having slight dull headaches which i think are part of the side effects that you can get so i think its pretty normal but not very nice ! havent weighed myself yet as id rather wait till i go back to the doctors in a couple of weeks time, i certainly feel better within myself so heres hoping ! got a book about low fat diets which is really helpful i think most of it is common sense though. i have my period this week to cope with too and so far havent had any of my usual chocolate cravings yet which i find strange normally i need my daily fix but just dont seem to be bothered about it which is good ! feelin positive so far and i hope u all are too be good to know how u are getting on and any problens you may be having xx
  • Posted

hi im now on my second week of the tablets and so far so good. havent had any accidents yet just a little looseness ! i too have been having slight dull headaches which i think are part of the side effects that you can get so i think its pretty normal but not very nice ! havent weighed myself yet as id rather wait till i go back to the doctors in a couple of weeks time, i certainly feel better within myself so heres hoping ! got a book about low fat diets which is really helpful i think most of it is common sense though. i have my period this week to cope with too and so far havent had any of my usual chocolate cravings yet which i find strange normally i need my daily fix but just dont seem to be bothered about it which is good ! feelin positive so far and i hope u all are too be good to know how u are getting on and any problens you may be having xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.