Just starting cymbalta

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am suppose to start taking 30mg a day for 7 days tonight, very anxious about taking a new med, I was on pristine for many years and have tried numerous others for GAD and depression. I went to doc to ask about my energy and libido and this is what he suggests...any advise...TIA

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I felt so zombie like after taking Cymbalta for only 4 days. However, I started taking it to combat the depression experienced from Tramadol withdrawals. Just sharing my experience, can't advise you either way. But I would advise to stay alert to these forums because they have helped many of us people struggling from so many God awful prescribed medications. Best wishes my friend.

• Posted

I forgot to add that I stopped taking Cymbalta after those freaky four days and worked through my issues with herbal supplements only.

• Posted

Personally I wouldn't advise taking this drug at all, let alone 7 days, what happens after 7 days Shorty? Isn't there something natural you could take? I'm tapering off this drug and having horrendous issues with irritability, anger and crying all the time, and unfortunately I'm not alone.....This drug should be banned.......Hope you can find something else, kind regards Jan

• Posted

I have been on this for nearly 18 months. Tried the whole range but actually this is one which gave me least side effects. I do find it reduces anxiety but just takes a little while to get used to. I guess it is such a personal thing as everyone responds differently. What helped at the beginning was titrating dose up very slowly and also being careful not to take it on an empty stomach. All the best.
    • Posted

I agree with you, that this seemed to suit me much better than Gabapentin and Pre Gabalin, however the problem arises when you try to reduce this drug, as it only come in 60, 30 & 20mg capsules, and as the drug only works 12 hourly, reducing by stopping alternate days cause horrendous side effects.....

• Posted

Can you try taking some of the medication out the capsule to reduce dose more slowly. That is what I had to do to increase as advised by the consultant treating me. Helped to adjust on the way up but cannot say if it would help on the way to coming off. Worth a try maybe?
  • Posted

I have also just started taking Cymbalta I am on day 15 of 20 mg. So far the side effects have been tolerable compared to all the other meds I have tried. I have a slight heavy feeling and was very tired the first week or so but that is going away. I do feel somewhat better my depression is much less and the knot of anxiety in my stomach is gone.I am nowhere new perfect but improved. I am highly sensitive to drugs hence the low dose. let me know how you are doing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.