just starting on 20mg

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am on my 2nd day and feel awful I take it in the morning and it totaly knocks me off my feet I've had to just lie on the bed allday have no energy what so ever someone pls help I feel like not taking anymore

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was like that don't worry it gets better

You.have yo give the meds time

• Posted

Been on this for 6 six days now it has took me 4 years to actually decide to start taking medication, I am so paranoid with the side effects are they going to make me I'll, been getting slight headaches and overwhelming feeling I need to sleep this I can cope with but not sure I could handle nausea and sickness sad x
    • Posted

I'm the same I know where your coming from I cant work out if its my anxiety making me ill or the side effects all I've done in sleep for the last 3days and I swear I've got a fever keep going terribly hot never been so scared in all my life 😞 but I dont want to scare you the side effects are different for everyone maybe we need to sleep so much because we are paranoid to a point where its drained our energy
    • Posted

Hi natalie1984, 

The nausea feeling really sucks big time! I have been feeling nauseous since 21 March 2016, I hope this feeling goes off soon! It made me feel so uncomfortable, especially in public transport. Been taking Fluoxetine since 2014, never felt this way before! sad 

I hope all of us can hang on, fight with the side effects and lead a happy life! 

Love,

Janne, from Singapore

• Posted

Hello icando, 

Please do not stop taking Fluoxetine without psychiatrist's permission! This is very important! 

You just need to bear with it for the first four weeks (average). I had no energy for the first few days when psychiatrist increased the dosage from 20mg to 40mg. Best is to see both psychiatrist and psychologist. It will help in your condition. 

Take care! Remember, you're not alone! 

Love,

Janne, from Singapore

• Posted

I've just started of Fluoxetine (day 2)... The first day I had the most unbelievable tension headache and felt so dehydrated all day long. The nausea has been the worst part so far. Having something in my stomach (I.e. Not letting myself get hungry) seems to help so far but it's early days I guess. This is my first experience with anti-depressants. I have had depression and anxiety for a long time but have always resisted drugs out of fear. Despite the adverse side effects, I do feel calmer and less stressed already. Kind of a little fuzzy around the edges but still able to laugh... Definitely not a zombie (which was my biggest fear). I know I have a long way to go but so far so good...
  • Posted

Hi, have you been feeling better on this? I'm on my second day, feel really drowsy and I've been sick twice?
    • Posted

I stopped taking them only got to 6 days the side effects where to much to cope with but I am feeling much been now have beaten the panic attacks and my anxiety is much much less gave learnt to breath through my nose instead of mouth and I feel so much calmer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.