just starting on champix day 6

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I'm on day 6 and feeling like im failing. So many people seem to feel different early on,but I dont seem to be feeling any different. i've cut down a bit i know but am worried i wont succeed.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jan

you are doing ok, dont worry. Half the battle is having the will to stop. I stopped on champix almost a year ago, and have never looked back. Heres my experience....

week 1 did not feel any different

week 2 days 7 to 10 did not feel different, but realised as the week went on I was smoking less without trying, sometimes only smoking half a cig.

i like you, had been worried as I didnt feel any change, bit it was happening so subtly. Having some awful dreams but expected that. I had set my stop date for day 15, a Monday, and didnt really belive I could stop. I was working long hours the weekend before and didnt take cigs with me. Got on ok knowing I could have one when I got home. On the Sunday night, I couldnt be bothered smoking, and stopped with ease on the Monday. Yes, there were times when I could have smoked, but I played a game on my ipad, walked round the garden, cuddled the dog, anything to take my mind off the craving. Each day got easier. Im very self indulgent and lack willpower. So if I can do it, you can!

heres my advice for the next few days......dont over think it, go with the flow, smoke when you want. If on your chosen stop date, you feel its impossible to stop, reset the stop date for a week on, and relax. Keep in touch on the forum. There is loads of support. Think positive, you will do it.

• Posted

Thank you Debbie smile just had a first big dose this morning and oh yes felt nauseous ,but it passed within ten minutes. I ve been reading comments on here and have been pleased to see others had this worry and then went on to beat nic. I know Ive cut down,not massives,but didnt think I had at all.  I wasnt going to try these(didnt want to take a pill)but i've tried spray,patches,thought of e-cig but that still has nicotine so then Id still have to battle that a later stage .I really hope these do the trick and without too much willpower ,I dont have a lot lol. Ill stay in touch and reading and thanks again ..jan
    • Posted

Jan I call them my miracle pills. Trust them and hopefully you will have the same success as so many others. I ended up dropping back to a half dose after 4 weeks because of headaches and nausea, and they still worked. When I was 10 days in, I thought I would try the ecigs, but didnt have to. Im so greatful to my gp for prescribing them and thank my lucky stars evry day that I stopped. You will too, soon! Keep us posted. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.