Just starting out

Posted , 3 users are following.

Just got back from the docs and I start on the tablets tomorrow. He was much more understanding about my difficulty with losing weight than my last doctor 2 years ago who just said 'get on with it' May have to review a few items in my cupboard but as long as I avoid the one full of crisps I think I should be OK. I was dubious about opening this website as I was expecting lot's of gloom and doom with bad experiences of the side affect but not at all. What I've read so far has made me feel much better about starting the tablets. Thanks everyone. Starting at 220 lbs and a BMI of 36. Wish me luck smile

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

good luck and as long as you stick within the guide lines you should not get any nasty side affects, you may find you have a lot more wind and a few grumbly tummies but nothing drastic.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm new too to this great forum but don't start the tabs until 28th Oct. Weird thing is I am around 215lbs and Bmi of 36! Maybe we can 'spur' each other on!

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.

Jo

:wink:

• Posted

Welcome to the forum. I eat baked crisps as part of my eating regime they are only 2 grams of fat. You'll soon find healthy options to your less healthy choices. Good luck on your journey :D
  • Posted

Welcome to the forum. I eat baked crisps as part of my eating regime they are only 2 grams of fat. You'll soon find healthy options to your less healthy choices. Good luck on your journey :D
  • Posted

Thanks for the tip re the baked crisps. I went shopping for the first time last night and, even though I used to do Rosemary Connelly I was still amazed at just how high the fat contents of certain things are.

Oh, and sorry Jo, I only read your response today and started the tablets yesterday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.