Just starting venoflexine

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I am third day in taking 37.5 mg twice a day. I feel very sick, dizzy and hot and cold by turns. I think these are common side effects but does anyone have any idea how long this will last. I am 65 and feeling 95 today. I have been unable to do anything. Any information is welcome. jane

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane I have just finished my second week.l started on 37.5 for one week then 75mgs for the last week.The side effects are horrible however they do settle down after your brain and body get used to them.l have been on them before and from experience the sweating doesn't go away however you get used to it.Just try to be patient no one knows how long you will have to tolerate these initial side effects but give it at least 4 to 6 weeks.They do make you feel worse before you feel better.Try to rest as much as possible and don't despair it's early days.

• Posted

Thank you Marlene. I just did not think it would be this grotty. But then the anxiety disorder is very scary so I will try and get on with it. Jane

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.